Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to Limit ftp access parameters for specific users? Post 302824763 by in2nix4life on Friday 21st of June 2013 01:16:34 PM
Old 06-21-2013
If you're using the default FTP Daemon included with Solaris, there are configuration files location here:

Code:
/etc/ftpd

ls -l | grep -v total
-rw-r--r--   1 root     sys         1518 Jan 21  2005 ftpaccess
-rw-r--r--   1 root     sys          946 Jan 21  2005 ftpconversions
-rw-r--r--   1 root     sys          104 Jan 21  2005 ftpgroups
-rw-r--r--   1 root     sys          108 Jan 21  2005 ftphosts
-rw-r--r--   1 root     sys          114 Jan 21  2005 ftpservers
-rw-r--r--   1 root     sys          198 Jan 21  2005 ftpusers

This User Gave Thanks to in2nix4life For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Limit host/ip for users!

Help Please. anyone can tell me how to limit ip/hosts for users? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: star
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict access to specific users.

Hi All! I would like to know if there is any specific way by which I can restrict access to apecific users (ip addresses). OS : Red hat linux Thanks! nua7 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel giving access for multiple users to access files

hi all, i want to know y kernel is giving access for multiple users to access a file when one user may be the owner is executing that file. Because other user can manipulate that file when the other user is executing that file, it will give the unexpected result to owner . plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Restrict local users to access ftp

Hi, I had installed vsftp in rhel5 and i want to restrict all the local users from accessing the ftp. i want to allow specific users to access the ftp server. Request you to please help. Thanks & regards Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
1 Replies

5. AIX

Limit user access

We have gotten an application that will read and display logs in a report format. The application need a user name and password to access the AIX servers where the logs reside. My problem is the logs are in a few different file systems on the server. Is there any way to lock the user to only the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Does my provider limit my internet access or somesites access?

Hi Good Day, i would like to ask for further info about my problems experiencing this evening. Im a PPP0 connection in the internet using 3G located in asia pacific region.i had this problem this evening in my INTERNET connections that there are some sites i can't open example ( Gizmodo.com,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

7. Solaris

samba read write access to owner and no access to other users

Hi All, I want to configure samba share permission so that only directory creator/owner has a read and write permission and other users should not have any read/write access to that folder.Will that be possible and how can this be achieved within samba configuration. Regards, Sahil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Limit FTP user's access to a specific directory

Hi, I have searched "Limit FTP user's access to a specific directory" subject for 3 days. I found proftp and vsftp but i couldn't compile and install. Is there any idea. Please suggest. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamurd
6 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Limit Website access upto specific count

Hi to all, I am new to Linux. but i am facing issue with my web server in Ubuntu 11.10. In my webserver i want to restrict maximum users website access (e.g., suppose i want to restrict users to access web to 250 persons in single time). So can you please suggest me to how to do that in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chintanghanti
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Limit bash/sh user's access to a specific directory

Hello Team, I have Solaris 10 u6 I have a user test1 using bash that belong to the group staff. I would like to restrict this user to navigate only in his home directory and his subfolders but not not move out to other directories. How can I do it ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies
ftpservers(4)							   File Formats 						     ftpservers(4)

NAME
ftpservers - FTP Server virtual hosting configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers DESCRIPTION
The ftpservers file is used to configure complete virtual hosting. In contrast to limited virtual hosting, complete virtual hosting allows separate configuration files to be specified for each virtual host. The set of configuration files for each virtual host are placed in their own directory. The ftpservers file associates the address of each virtual host with the directory its configuration files are stored in. The virtual host configuration files must be named: ftpaccess Virtual host's access file ftpusers Restricts the accounts that can use the virtual host ftpgroups Virtual hosts enhanced group access file ftphosts Allow or deny usernames access to the virtual host ftpconversions Customize conversions available from the virtual host You do not need to put every file in each virtual host directory. If you want a virtual host to use the master copy of a file, then do not include it in the virtual host directory. If the file is not included, the master copy from the /etc/ftpd directory will be used. The file names must match exactly. If you misspell any of them or name them differently, the server will not find them, and the server will use the master copy instead. The ftpaddhost utility is an administrative tool to configure virtual hosts. See ftpaddhost(1M). File Format There are two fields to each entry in the ftpservers file: address directory-containing-configuration-files For example: 10.196.145.10 /etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.10 10.196.145.200 /etc/ftpd//virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.200 some.domain INTERNAL When an FTP client connects to the FTP Server, in.ftpd(1M) tries to match the IP address to which the FTP client connected with one found in the ftpservers file. The address can be an IPv4 or IPv6 address, or a hostname. If a match is found, The FTP server uses any configuration files found in the associated directory. If a match is not found, or an invalid directory path is encountered, the default paths to the configuration files are used. The use of INTERNAL in the example above fails the check for a specific directory, and the master configuration files will be used. Either the actual IP address or a specific hostname can be used to specify the virtual host. It is better to specify the actual IP of the virtual host, as it reduces the need for a domain lookup and eliminates DNS security related naming issues, for example: 10.196.145.20 /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ ftp.some.domain /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ Lines that begin with a # sign are treated as comment lines and are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), ftpgroups(4), ftphosts(4), ftpusers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpservers(4)