Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Substitute \n with carriage return Post 302824723 by sethmj on Friday 21st of June 2013 11:45:02 AM
Old 06-21-2013
Hi, Thank-you for the response.

Its actually throwing out a control-M at the end of the file.

PHP Code:
AB\001\CDED\001\ABC\001\nEG\001\HIJF\001\EFG\001\nHI\003\HIUL\003\HIJ\003^

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

carriage return stamp online

hi all, someone knows why the carriare return on txseries-aix don't work? exsample: i have: 01 TESTATA-INIZIO. 03 TESTA-NL1 PIC X. 03 R-TESTA1. 05 FILLER PIC X(70) VALUE SPACE. 05 DATA-ST1 PIC... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tullo
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture carriage return.

I try to test the carriage return in a variable. $ LENGTH=`expr $VARIABLE : ".*"` will return the length of the variable. But this doesn't work if $VARIABLE has zero length. Any help will be well appreciated. Thanks in advance. Giovanni (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio123bg
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dont want carriage return

I have observed with print & echo, they produce carriage return <CR> or newline, after they display string next to them. Is there anyway to avoide these <CR> after the intended string is displayed? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

carriage return and linefeed

hi can anyone please tell me the difference between carriage return, linefeed and newline ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfi8er
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

removal of return carriage baffling me?

hi ALL, bash-3.00$ echo $BASH_VERSION 3.00.16(1)-release I'm stumped on a bug. Im extracting a checksum value at the end of a file and storing it in a variable, the problem is that it is also somehow storing the carriage return in the string as show below: The variables below both... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 carriage return within a record

Hi all, need your help in replacing carriage return in a record. Input: col1|col2|col3|col4|col5|col6|col7|col8|col9|col10 1|aa|bb|cc|dd|eee eee|ff|ggggg|hh hhh|iii 2|zz|yy|xx|ww|vv|uu|tt|ss|rr Output: col1|col2|col3|col4|col5|col6|col7|col8|col9|col10... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search_Replace with a Carriage Return

Hey folks, I've been working on this for some time. Seems simple, but I'm stumped. I need the following data format: New_York:Commercial Geology Geophysics Petrophysics Production_Engineering Reservoir_Engineering Pasadena:Commercial ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Carriage return ksh

Hello, How do i usecarriage return in ksh. I want to do an echo "bla bla" and another echo "bla bla" will appear and replace the first echo on screen. I tried: until ; do echo "bla bla \r" done please advice. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove carriage return from the variable

Hi, I try to handle very large numbers with a bash script. I run ssh command in a remote server and store the output in a local variable. But this output contains a return carriage at the end. So I try to remove it by tr But I can't figure out the right notation with printf. So my problem... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meacham12
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove carriage return

I need to remove the carriage return comes inbetween the record. Need to have CR only at the end. I used the below command. tr -d '\n' < filewithcarriagereturns > filewithoutcarriagereturns But its removing all the CR and giving one line output. Input File: 12345 abcdegh... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: srvn_saru
11 Replies
XHPPrompt(3X)															     XHPPrompt(3X)

NAME
XHPPrompt - Send a prompt to an extended input device. SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/XHPlib.h> int XHPPrompt (display, deviceid, prompt) Display *display; XID deviceid; unsigned int prompt; ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. deviceid Specifies the ID of the desired device. Prompt Specifies the Prompt to be sent. Valid values are: GENERAL_PROMPT, PROMPT_1, PROMPT_2, PROMPT_3, PROMPT_4, PROMPT_5, PROMPT_6, PROMPT_7. DESCRIPTION
This request is part of an HP-proprietary extension to X. Its functionality has been superseded by the standard X input device extension XChangeFeedbackControl request. You should use XChangeFeedbackControl instead of XHPPrompt if possible. This request sends a prompt to an input device. A prompt is an audio or visual indication that the program controlling the input device is ready for input. The program may indicate that status by turning on a prompt on the appropriate input device. Not all input devices support prompts and acknowledges. Any device that does support a particular prompt will also support the corresponding acknowledge. To determine whether an input device supports a particular prompt and acknowledge, the io_byte field of the XHPDeviceList structure should be examined. The format of this structure is described in the documentation for the XHPListInputDevices request. RETURN VALUE
none DIAGNOSTICS
BadDevice An invalid device ID was specified. BadValue An invalid prompt was specified. FILES
/usr/include/X11/XHPlib.h ORIGIN
Hewlett-Packard Company SEE ALSO
XHPListInputDevices(3x) XHPAcknowledge(3x) X Version 11 Release 5 XHPPrompt(3X)