Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to email the current directory? Post 302824511 by rnmuk on Friday 21st of June 2013 03:58:35 AM
Old 06-21-2013
excellent

Thank you Don Cragun, that works perfectly, excellent.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to see all file in a current directory

Hi, I am unable to see all files in a current directory when use "ls -lrt" command it is giving error message as below ( I think this current directory is having about 500 files) <CONTROL /home/ckanth/sri>ls -lrt UX:ls: ERROR: Out of memory: Insufficient or invalid memory But when i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cannot determine current directory

Hi, when I execute some simple commands on my solaris system, I am getting the following warning message: Could anybody tell me what could be the reason Ex:- If I give the command, which ls Warning: cannot determine current directory ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filename in current directory

I want to perform a task on all the files in the current directory but I'd like to loop through them one at a time. How do I tell it to give me the first filename? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calgone337
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

non recursive search in the current directory only

Hi, Am trying for a script which should delete more than 15 days older files in my current directory.Am using the below piece of code: "find /tmp -type f -name "pattern" -mtime +15 -exec /usr/bin/ls -altr {} \;" "find /tmp -type f -name "pattern" -mtime +15 -exec /usr/bin/rm -f {} \;" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: puppala
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tarball of current directory

I wanna make a backup tarball. I wanna write a script that makes tarball of the current directory. There are lots of files so I cant type all files, I wanna make the tarball by excluding few files. Like there 1000 files in a directory I wanna create a tarball containing 98 files of that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

current directory in awk

Hello, I want to use the string with the current directory in my awk command. I tried: 'pwd=system("pwd")' but it doesn't work. can please help somebody? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Current working directory

Hi all, How do I print the name of my current working directory only to screen? Not pwd! For example, if I was in /home/work I am looking for 'work' only (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimjam
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the current directory Path?

How to get the current directory Path in your prompt? i am getting a $ mark only in my prompt? Please help me with this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek0683
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a file in UNIX through email which is created only 15 minutes before the current time?

I wanted to send an email to the client whenever there is failed record created in a /feed/HR-76/failed folder after processing of feed file. I can find out with the help of below script that what is the new file created but that file didn't make just 15 minutes before. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puneetkhullar
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)