Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User account
Operating Systems HP-UX User account Post 302824227 by rbatte1 on Thursday 20th of June 2013 11:24:00 AM
Old 06-20-2013
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Often just a pain with technicalities. perhaps they should just be happy that an account has been suspended, unless they want to match it to a notice about someone leaving and date it to quantify the risk for the time between leaving and the suspend date.

Any luck with files under /tcb/files/auth giving you dates? I think you can configure accounts to lock if unused automatically. Add that to the last successful login and you may have an answer for them.

Good luck!

Robin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creatin user account

hi all, i m tryin to create a new account on the unix work station. do i use 'useradd' command? can u guyz advice on the usage of 'useradd' command as it can comes with 'useradd -D' or 'useradd -e' thanks :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: damian
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show all user account

I have a question about show all create user account. What commend do that thank`s for your help :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
6 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can distingiush user account

example root::0:3::/:/sbin/sh daemon:*:1:5::/:/sbin/sh bin:*:2:2::/usr/bin:/sbin/sh sys:*:3:3::/: adm:*:4:4::/var/adm:/sbin/sh uucp:*:5:3::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico lp:*:9:7::/var/spool/lp:/sbin/sh nuucp:*:11:11::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suspend a user account?

Hi, guys. I have two questions: I need to write a script, which can show all the non-suspended users on system, and suspend the selected user account. There are two things I am not sure: 1. How can I suspend user's account? What I think is: add a string to the encrypted password in shadow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help me create new user account

I want create user. That user should be login to any server without asking password. How? tell me in detail. :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
3 Replies

8. AIX

user account priviledges

Hi Admins, As per my knowledge there are two types of user accounts in unix. root and normal users. If there are any user types for which we can give some priviledges..? Actually i want to restrict root access and create new accounts for admins with some of the priviledges. Please let me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newsol
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User account logging

Hi - I want to log commands typed by oraapps user with time into some log file on runtime. HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " works but any one with oraapps user can delete the history. OS : RHEl 5.6 Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
5 Replies
pam_acct_mgmt(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  pam_acct_mgmt(3)

NAME
pam_acct_mgmt() - perform PAM account validation procedures SYNOPSIS
[ flag ... ] file ... [ library ... ] DESCRIPTION
The function is called to determine if the current user's account is valid. This includes checking for password expiration, account expi- ration, account locks and access hour restrictions. This function is typically called after the user has been authenticated with See pam_authenticate(3). The pamh argument is an authentication handle obtained by a prior call to The following flags may be set in the flags field: The account management service should not generate any messages The account management service should return if the user has a null authentication token. APPLICATION USAGE
Refer to pam(3) for information on thread-safety of PAM interfaces. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, is returned. In addition to the error return values described in pam(3), the following values may be returned: User not known to underlying account management module. Access permission is denied. New authentication token required. This is normally returned if the machine security policies require that the password should be changed because the password is NULL or it has aged. User account has expired. User account has been disabled (trusted mode only). Terminal has been disabled (trusted mode only). User is not authorized for terminal access (trusted mode only). Wrong time to login (trusted mode only). WARNINGS
HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. SEE ALSO
pam(3), pam_start(3), pam_sm_acct_mgmt(3), pam_authenticate(3). pam_acct_mgmt(3)