Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User account
Operating Systems HP-UX User account Post 302824227 by rbatte1 on Thursday 20th of June 2013 11:24:00 AM
Old 06-20-2013
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Often just a pain with technicalities. perhaps they should just be happy that an account has been suspended, unless they want to match it to a notice about someone leaving and date it to quantify the risk for the time between leaving and the suspend date.

Any luck with files under /tcb/files/auth giving you dates? I think you can configure accounts to lock if unused automatically. Add that to the last successful login and you may have an answer for them.

Good luck!

Robin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creatin user account

hi all, i m tryin to create a new account on the unix work station. do i use 'useradd' command? can u guyz advice on the usage of 'useradd' command as it can comes with 'useradd -D' or 'useradd -e' thanks :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: damian
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show all user account

I have a question about show all create user account. What commend do that thank`s for your help :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
6 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can distingiush user account

example root::0:3::/:/sbin/sh daemon:*:1:5::/:/sbin/sh bin:*:2:2::/usr/bin:/sbin/sh sys:*:3:3::/: adm:*:4:4::/var/adm:/sbin/sh uucp:*:5:3::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico lp:*:9:7::/var/spool/lp:/sbin/sh nuucp:*:11:11::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suspend a user account?

Hi, guys. I have two questions: I need to write a script, which can show all the non-suspended users on system, and suspend the selected user account. There are two things I am not sure: 1. How can I suspend user's account? What I think is: add a string to the encrypted password in shadow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help me create new user account

I want create user. That user should be login to any server without asking password. How? tell me in detail. :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
3 Replies

8. AIX

user account priviledges

Hi Admins, As per my knowledge there are two types of user accounts in unix. root and normal users. If there are any user types for which we can give some priviledges..? Actually i want to restrict root access and create new accounts for admins with some of the priviledges. Please let me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newsol
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User account logging

Hi - I want to log commands typed by oraapps user with time into some log file on runtime. HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " works but any one with oraapps user can delete the history. OS : RHEl 5.6 Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
5 Replies
db_stat(8)						      System Manager's Manual							db_stat(8)

NAME
db_stat - Displays statistics for the database files (Enhanced Security) SYNOPSIS
/usr/tcb/bin/db_stat [-clmNt] [-C Acfhlmo] [-d file] [-h home] [-M Ahlm] FLAGS
Display internal information about the lock region. (The output from this option is often both voluminous and meaningless, and is intended only for debugging.) Display all information. Display lock conflict matrix. Display lock and object free lists. Display lockers within hash chains. Display region memory information. Display objects within hash chains. Display lock region statistics. Display database statistics for the specified database. Specify a home directory for the database. The correct directory for enhanced security is /var/tcb/files. Display log region statistics. Display internal information about the shared memory buffer pool. (The output from this option is often both voluminous and meaningless, and is intended only for debugging.) Display all information. Display buffers within hash chains. Display buffers within LRU chains. Display region memory information. Display shared memory buffer pool statistics. Do not acquire shared region locks while accumulating the statistics. This option is intended only for debugging corrupt regions and should not be used under any other circumstances. Display transaction region statistics. DESCRIPTION
A customized version of the Berkeley Database (Berkeley DB) is embedded in the operating system to provide high-performance database sup- port for critical security files. The DB includes full transactional support and database recovery, using write-ahead logging and check- pointing to record changes. The db_stat utility provides database statistics for these security files. Customization for Tru64 UNIX makes some of this information, particularly lock-related information, meaningless. Values smaller than 10 million are generally displayed without any special notation. Values larger than 10 million are normally displayed as M. The db_stat utility utility attaches to one or more of the Berkeley DB shared memory regions. In order to avoid region corruption, it should always be given the chance to detach and exit gracefully. To cause db_stat to clean up after itself and exit, send it an interrupt signal (SIGINT). RETURN VALUES
The db_stat utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
If the -h option is not specified and the environment variable DB_HOME is set, it is used as the path of the database home. The home directory for security is /var/tcb/files. FILES
/var/tcb/files/auth.db /var/tcb/files/dblogs/* RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: db_archive(8), db_checkpoint(8), db_printlog(8), db_dump(8), db_load(8), db_recover(8) delim off db_stat(8)