Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to read the output of snoop command? Post 302824191 by jlliagre on Thursday 20th of June 2013 10:27:15 AM
Old 06-20-2013
What makes you believe it is no longer free ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Read the entire output fired by ps command

Actually I want to display the entire output fired by ps command. My output gets trucated after 80 chars. Thus, i am not able to see the entire command running when i give a ps -eaf .... Does anyone know how do i display the entire output fired by ps command .. (i.e the command along with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinithepoo
5 Replies

2. Solaris

snoop command

Hi. I'm trying to capture traffic with the snoop command using the net expression but I fail when a I've to specify a subnet ex: 10.201.64/18 Did you know the correct syntax? I've tried with snoop -ta -x0 net 10.201.64.0 255.255.192.0 but doesn't match. Thnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurtolo
4 Replies

3. Programming

How to read output of a shell command

Hello All, I have a an application written in C and runing on Red Hat Linux. In my code I have written a command that is fired on the linux shell by using system() function call. Now I need to read the output of this command in my c program and assign it to a variable. Can anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture snoop output

Hi Everyone :), Need your advice as I'm new to UNIX scripting.. I'm trying to write a script to capture snoop output for 5 minutes for every hour for 24 hours. To stop snoop, I need to press Control-C to break it. This is what I got so far, but now I'm stuck! :confused: The script: # cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: faraaris
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read tail -F command output in perl

Hi All, How I will read the output of the tail -F command in perl. I have text file with below contains file1.txt 1 2 3 4 $running=1; sub openLog($) { (my $log) = @_; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravin27
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse snoop output

Hi all, Is it possible to create an script that parse an snoop output similar to the example above ? Each line is ended by "$" (set list in vi). as a result, I would like to print the output in only one line. can someone give me some tip ? Thanks a lot .:) l version="1.0" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robdcb
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read command - using output from command substitution

Hey, guys! Trying to research this is such a pain since the read command itself is a common word. Try searching "unix OR linux read command examples" or using the command substitution keyword. :eek: So, I wanted to use a command statement similar to the following. This is kinda taken... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

read line and run a different command according to the output

Hi. I'm trying to write a script that reads a line on a file and runs a different command for a different line output. For example, if it finds the word "Kuku" on the line it sends mail to Kuku@kuku.com. Otherwise, it sends mail to Lulu@lulu.com. TIA. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Doojek9
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls output into a read command as a variable

I'm working on a short BASH script on my Ubuntu box that will run powerpoint scripts with MS Powerpoint Viewer 2007 via WINE. I can run the presentation when I run it manually but what i'd like to do is have the script look for the newest file then run it. #! /bin/sh # Start the newest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read several variables from command output via SSH

Hi Folks, I'm currently trying to read several values into different variables. Actually, what I'm doing works, but I get an error message. My attempts are: read strCPROC strIPROC strAPROC <<<$(ssh -n -T hscroot@$HMC "lshwres -r proc -m $strIDENT --level sys -F \"configurable_sys_proc_units... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: NKaede
11 Replies
opensnoop(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						     opensnoop(1m)

NAME
opensnoop - snoop file opens as they occur. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
opensnoop [-a|-A|-ceghsvxZ] [-f pathname] [-n name] [-p PID] DESCRIPTION
opensnoop tracks file opens. As a process issues a file open, details such as UID, PID and pathname are printed out. The returned file descriptor is printed, a value of -1 indicates an error. This can be useful for troubleshooting to determine if applia- cions are attempting to open files that do not exist. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-a print all data -A dump all data, space delimited -c print current working directory of process -e print errno value -g print full command arguments -s print start time, us -v print start time, string -x only print failed opens -Z print zonename -f pathname file pathname to snoop -n name process name to snoop -p PID process ID to snoop EXAMPLES
Default output, print file opens by process as they occur, # opensnoop Print human readable timestamps, # opensnoop -v See error codes, # opensnoop -e Snoop this file only, # opensnoop -f /etc/passwd FIELDS
ZONE Zone name UID User ID PID Process ID PPID Parent Process ID FD File Descriptor (-1 is error) ERR errno value (see /usr/include/sys/errno.h) CWD current working directory of process PATH pathname for file open COMM command name for the process ARGS argument listing for the process TIME timestamp for the open event, us STRTIME timestamp for the open event, string DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
opensnoop will run forever until Ctrl-C is hit. BUGS
occasionally the pathname for the file open cannot be read and the following error will be seen, dtrace: error on enabled probe ID 6 (...): invalid address this is normal behaviour. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.60 Jan 12, 2006 opensnoop(1m)