Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vmstat | nawk
Operating Systems Solaris Vmstat | nawk Post 302823901 by orange47 on Thursday 20th of June 2013 02:37:31 AM
Old 06-20-2013
wow, fast reply, thanks.
both are running Solaris 10, and vmstat alone output is identical, so it must be nawk or printf?

edit: ahh, my mistake, one server has 0 in line with free. sorry

is there a way to add newline only after last line? (so there is no newline after 'free')

Last edited by orange47; 06-20-2013 at 03:43 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vmstat

I have MATLAB INSTALLED IN MY SUN MACHINE >> WHENEVER I USE IT THE CPU USAGE SHOWS ABT 90% Seeing the vmstat shows that system calls and context switch counters reach a very high value . What are these counters ( Man pages do not give much info on that) .... The only thing i can make out that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat

When I exeute vmstat (e.g. vmstat 30 2), in some machines I get some wierd result as the first line. like: -117% or 208% for CPU idle percentage. But the second line is alright. Could someone explain this please. Thanks ! Chaadana (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vmstat

Hi, what does mean the free colomne in out put of vmstat ? is it free espace of physical memory or of swap space on hard disk ? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat

Hi I wanted to collect data by using vmstat -I 60 >xxxx.txt & using my own account It was stopped by it self after 2 hours try again same result We want to collect day date by succession how to collect data using vmstat for day Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access values of awk/nawk variables outside the awk/nawk block?

i'm new to shell scripting and have a problem please help me in the script i have a nawk block which has a variable count nawk{ . . . count=count+1 print count } now i want to access the value of the count variable outside the awk block,like.. s=`expr count / m` (m is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

6. Linux

vmstat help

Hi everyone, I need to see some VM manager performance/behavior information on some Linux boxes regarding pages scanned/activation of the paging algorithm in order to get an idea if a given server needs more memory and is actually paging. In Aix servers, by using the vmstat cmd you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

vmstat

Hi I need to write a script to display VMSTAT every 5 seconds and I just need the memory columns - swap free re and just the numbers and the headers arent required. For example bash-3.00$ vmstat 5| awk '{print $4" "$5" "$6}' disk faults cpu ------ This header isnt required swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nesting - two nawk into one nawk

hi people; this is my two awk code: nawk '/cell+-/{r=(NF==8) ? $4FS$5FS$6 : NF==7 ? $4FS$5 : $4 ;c=split(r,rr);for (i=1;i<=c;i++){if(rr != "111111"){printf($3" %d ""\n",(i+3))}}printf("")}' /home/gc_sw/str.txt > /home/gc_sw/predwn.txt nawk -F'*' '{gsub(/ *$/,"")}$0=$1$($NF-2)'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Problem - nawk out of space in tostring on

Hi.. i am running nawk scripts on solaris system to get records of file1 not in file2 and find duplicate records in a while with the following scripts -compare nawk 'NR==FNR{a++;next;} !a {print"line"FNR $0}' file1 file2duplicate - nawk '{a++}END{for(i in a){if(a-1)print i,a}}' file1in the middle... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
12 Replies

10. Linux

Vmstat

I m checking idle time using vmstat, below are the results var=$(ssh wmtmgr@$hostname vmstat | tail -1 | awk '{print $15}') 89 and now im subtracting 89 with 100 & im getting expected results expr 100 - $var 11 Now How can I get the result 11 in one line code? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
4 Replies
HERBSTCLIENT(1) 														   HERBSTCLIENT(1)

NAME
herbstclient - sends commands to a running herbstluftwm instance via X SYNOPSIS
herbstclient [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS ...] herbstclient [OPTIONS] [--wait|--idle] [FILTER ...] DESCRIPTION
Sends a COMMAND with its (optional) arguments ARGS to a running herbstluftwm(1) instance via Xlib. If COMMAND has an output, it is printed by herbstclient. If output does not end with a newline, then a newline is added to improve readability. See herbstluftwm(1) for a list of available COMMANDs and their ARGS. If --wait or --idle is passed, then it waits for hooks from herbstluftwm. The hook is printed, if it matches the optional FILTER. 'FILTER's are regular expressions. For a list of available hooks see herbstluftwm(1). OPTIONS
-n, --no-newline Do not print a newline if output does not end with a newline. -i, --idle Wait for hooks instead of executing commands. -w, --wait Same as --idle but exit after first --count hooks. -c, --count COUNT Let --wait exit after COUNT hooks were received and printed. The default of COUNT is 1. -q, --quiet Do not print error messages if herbstclient cannot connect to the running herbstluftwm instance. -h, --help Print the herbstclient usage with its command line options. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DISPLAY Specifies the DISPLAY to use, e.g. where herbstluftwm(1) is running. EXIT STATUS
Returns the exit status of the COMMAND execution in herbstluftwm(1) server. 0 Success. other Failure. See herbstluftwm(1) for a list of error codes. BUGS
It waits endlessly for a response from herbstluftwm (there is no timeout yet). See the herbstluftwm distribution BUGS file. COMMUNITY
Feel free to join the IRC channel #herbstluftwm on irc.freenode.net. AUTHOR
herbstclient was written by Thorsten WiBmann. RESOURCES
Gitweb: http://git.cs.fau.de/?p=re06huxa/herbstluftwm COPYING
Copyright 2011-2012 Thorsten WiBmann. All rights reserved. This software is licensed under the "Simplified BSD License". See LICENSE for details. herbstluftwm 0.3 2012-04-13 HERBSTCLIENT(1)