Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris T5220 ILOM serial number - how to change Post 302823087 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 06:53:08 PM
Old 06-18-2013
you'll need to access the service mode of the servers ILOM to change the serial number. depending on your ILOM version 2.x <> 3.x you'll need a service password which only oracle can provide...
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tape Serial Number

Hello Experts, I've got a shell script that makes the backup of the files that i want. I also have this script showing the amount of files backed up and in witch folders they are. It's only missing one thing. I got all the information beeing stored in a text file and all i've got to do is to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
6 Replies

2. AIX

how to find serial number

hi how to find ( server machine )serial number throught the command in AIX thanks for your replay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Serial number

Hi Solarizer ;) I have face the difficulties of gathering information about the serial number of sun machine. i think its can do so easy while the machine is just one or two. But i have to administrate hundreds of sun machine. Any body knows how to gather this information by the command ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpx99
4 Replies

4. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Anyone know how to get Serial number with 1 command?

Solaris8 Anyone help? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
27 Replies

6. Solaris

ILOM and sc on T5220

I 've 2 different T5220 and both are showing different prompts when i ssh to the console. 1. Shows sc> ALOM 2. Shows -> ILOM as far as i know the T5220 comes with ILOM , so why i 'm seeing 2 different type of console for same tyep of hardware ? and i found that we... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

7. Solaris

ILOM problem on T5220

I have setup my T5220 ILOM .. and its working fine. But if my network connection is broken to the ILOM i 'm unable to login to the ILOM for few hrs .. it gives me either wrong user/passwd error and after few hrs the same user/passwd works .. what could be the reason for this and how can i resove... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8) 	       systemd-ask-password-console.service		   SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-ask-password-console.service, systemd-ask-password-console.path, systemd-ask-password-wall.service, systemd-ask-password-wall.path - Query the user for system passwords on the console and via wall SYNOPSIS
systemd-ask-password-console.service systemd-ask-password-console.path systemd-ask-password-wall.service systemd-ask-password-wall.path DESCRIPTION
systemd-ask-password-console.service is a system service that queries the user for system passwords (such as hard disk encryption keys and SSL certificate passphrases) on the console. It is intended to be used during boot to ensure proper handling of passwords necessary for boot. systemd-ask-password-wall.service is a system service that informs all logged in users for system passwords via wall(1). It is intended to be used after boot to ensure that users are properly notified. See the developer documentation[1] for more information about the system password logic. Note that these services invoke systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1) with either the --watch --console or --watch --wall command line parameters. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1), wall(1) NOTES
1. developer documentation https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 237 SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)