Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User account
Operating Systems HP-UX User account Post 302822991 by Just Ice on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 01:08:23 PM
Old 06-18-2013
if you do not get better suggestions ...

look at time stamp of affected server's /etc/passwd file first to see last modification date. if after audit date, have somebody restore a copy of the /etc/passwd file from the date of the audit to confirm prsence of specific account.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creatin user account

hi all, i m tryin to create a new account on the unix work station. do i use 'useradd' command? can u guyz advice on the usage of 'useradd' command as it can comes with 'useradd -D' or 'useradd -e' thanks :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: damian
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show all user account

I have a question about show all create user account. What commend do that thank`s for your help :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
6 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can distingiush user account

example root::0:3::/:/sbin/sh daemon:*:1:5::/:/sbin/sh bin:*:2:2::/usr/bin:/sbin/sh sys:*:3:3::/: adm:*:4:4::/var/adm:/sbin/sh uucp:*:5:3::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico lp:*:9:7::/var/spool/lp:/sbin/sh nuucp:*:11:11::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suspend a user account?

Hi, guys. I have two questions: I need to write a script, which can show all the non-suspended users on system, and suspend the selected user account. There are two things I am not sure: 1. How can I suspend user's account? What I think is: add a string to the encrypted password in shadow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help me create new user account

I want create user. That user should be login to any server without asking password. How? tell me in detail. :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
3 Replies

8. AIX

user account priviledges

Hi Admins, As per my knowledge there are two types of user accounts in unix. root and normal users. If there are any user types for which we can give some priviledges..? Actually i want to restrict root access and create new accounts for admins with some of the priviledges. Please let me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newsol
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User account logging

Hi - I want to log commands typed by oraapps user with time into some log file on runtime. HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " works but any one with oraapps user can delete the history. OS : RHEl 5.6 Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
5 Replies
audit_user(4)							   File Formats 						     audit_user(4)

NAME
audit_user - per-user auditing data file SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/audit_user DESCRIPTION
audit_user is an access-restricted database that stores per-user auditing preselection data. You can use the audit_user file with other authorization sources, including the NIS map audit_user.byname and the NIS+ table audit_user. Programs use the getauusernam(3BSM) routines to access this information. The search order for multiple user audit information sources is specified in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file. See nsswitch.conf(4). The lookup follows the search order for passwd(4). The fields for each user entry are separated by colons (:). Each user is separated from the next by a newline. audit_user does not have general read permission. Each entry in the audit_user file has the form: username:always-audit-flags:never-audit-flags The fields are defined as follows: username User's login name. always-audit-flags Flags specifying event classes to always audit. never-audit-flags Flags specifying event classes to never audit. For a complete description of the audit flags and how to combine them, see audit_control(4). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the audit_user File other:lo,am:io,cl fred:lo,ex,+fc,-fr,-fa:io,cl ethyl:lo,ex,nt:io,cl FILES
/etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/passwd /etc/security/audit_user ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | See below | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The file format stability is evolving. The file content is unstable. SEE ALSO
bsmconv(1M), getauusernam(3BSM), audit_control(4), nsswitch.conf(4), passwd(4) NOTES
This functionality is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 2 Jan 2003 audit_user(4)