Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Trace Process performance Using PID Post 302822877 by Just Ice on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 10:28:14 AM
Old 06-18-2013
your issue may not exactly be a memory leak but rather an unplanned consequence of one of the lines in your program ... use either dtrace or truss or lsof to check what your program is actually doing ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

2. Linux

how to trace iowait to a certain process

Hi all, Under top command you could see some iowait output. Is any way to locate which process(s) is causing the high percentage of iowait? 17:48:39 up 19 days, 18:54, 3 users, load average: 3.24, 3.14, 3.17 392 processes: 389 sleeping, 1 running, 2 zombie, 0 stopped CPU states: cpu user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: will_mike
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get an PID of particular process

Hi I have written a shell script to find and kill the particular process. Here in shell script i have written the code like cnt = $(ps -ef | grep Shree) echo $cnt I am getting the output root 2326 2317 0 14:39:46 pts/1 0:28 Shree -f fdc.fbconf FDCapp.fbapp Here I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
2 Replies

4. AIX

Trace the process responsible for locking filesystem ?

Hi, Sometimes when I want to unmount some filesystem I get "The requested resource is busy." error. In such a case I try to find and kill process that uses that filesystem. I do that on random. Is there a right way to find whitch prosesses use filesystem resource at given time ? thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help to trace process consuming more space

Hi all, We have a server having much processes running. It is very difficuilt to trace the exact consuming more memory. Howerver, it shows CPU usage in sequence but how memory? Tried working with TOP command. Please let me know if something not clear. Thanks, Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to trace an AIX Process?

Hello, I execute an application on my Unix AIX Server and that one crashes after reading some files. These files are very big (80 Mbytes), the application is a CVS Repository. I have found with a comparaison on a Solaris Server that there are system limitations on my AIX Server in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to trace cpu/memory usage for a process

I don't know when the process will start and end, I need write a script to trace it's cpu/memory usage when it is runing. How to write this script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

8. Linux

Trace an extinct process

Hi gurus, Just wanted to know if there is any way to trace the PID of a process that has already completed it's job and exited. My tomcat server was found in a hung state and we restarted it. Now we have found that someone has ran a kill -9 "pid" and wanted to know if it is the PID of tomcat.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to get process name from PID?

HI, i used ps -ef | grep 3539052 | grep -v grep and i got a output like ths root 3539052 3407918 0 May 07 - 709:31 /usr/sbin/syslogd but what i need is instead of full path /usr/sbin/syslogd i want only the process name that is 'syslogd' here. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Some trace file to track timings of a process

I will initiate a process from Server1 and the flow is as follow Server1 --> Web server --> Application server --> DB Server Note all seperate unix servers. Now I need to put a trace for that process to track the timings from each server. Like the below trace should be there: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saraperu
5 Replies
dlasrt.f(3)							      LAPACK							       dlasrt.f(3)

NAME
dlasrt.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine dlasrt (ID, N, D, INFO) DLASRT sorts numbers in increasing or decreasing order. Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine dlasrt (characterID, integerN, double precision, dimension( * )D, integerINFO) DLASRT sorts numbers in increasing or decreasing order. Purpose: Sort the numbers in D in increasing order (if ID = 'I') or in decreasing order (if ID = 'D' ). Use Quick Sort, reverting to Insertion sort on arrays of size <= 20. Dimension of STACK limits N to about 2**32. Parameters: ID ID is CHARACTER*1 = 'I': sort D in increasing order; = 'D': sort D in decreasing order. N N is INTEGER The length of the array D. D D is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) On entry, the array to be sorted. On exit, D has been sorted into increasing order (D(1) <= ... <= D(N) ) or into decreasing order (D(1) >= ... >= D(N) ), depending on ID. INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Definition at line 89 of file dlasrt.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 dlasrt.f(3)