Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Python...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Python... Post 302821863 by wisecracker on Saturday 15th of June 2013 07:29:56 PM
Old 06-15-2013
Python...

Hi all...

Not sure where to put this so I put it here...

All comments welcome...

1) Is the Python language now considered a part of the *NIX transient command structure much like Perl, (and awk)?

2) If so which OSes now have it as part of a "default" install - NOT an extra to be downloaded from repositories at a later date.

3) Also, if so, which version(s) does your *NIX, Linux, MacOS, etc, etc have?

(Note:- I already know that Debian, PCLinuxOS and MacOS does.)

TIA...

Bazza...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python

I have written a small practice Python script to determine the prime numbers between 2-10, for practice. Although I have pored over this script numurous times, I have not found the problem. The problem is: Python will not print "is a prime" when a number is a prime. After examining the code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Furtoes00
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is python?

I heard that its a new programming language but ill like to get a deeper explaination of it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
1 Replies

3. Programming

Python: bash-shell-like less functionality in the python shell

Hello, Is there some type of functional way to read things in the Python shell interpreter similar to less or more in the bash (and other) command line shells? Example: >>> import subprocess >>> help(subprocess) ... ... I'm hoping so as I hate scrolling and love how less works with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Python 3.1 vs 2.6?

i just found python 3.1 in the Ubuntu Software Center today... yes i know, i've probably been under a rock... but my question is, would installing 3.1 cause any conflicts with the 2.6 installation in terms of retro compatibility with python based apps? i don't know if 3.1 is supposed to replace... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sterist
0 Replies

5. Programming

Help with Python. Please and thanks.

Hi everybody, I've been experimenting with Python lately and for the most part it's been a smooth ride. I have one little problem that maybe one of you can help me with. PROBLEM: I have list with one word per line. EXAMPLE apples oranges pears grapes etc... I also have a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
2 Replies

6. SuSE

"ssh suse-server 'python -V' > python-version.out" not redirecting

Okay, so I have had this problem on openSUSE, and Debian systems now and I am hoping for a little help. I think it has something to do with Python but I couldn't find a proper Python area here. I am trying to redirect the output of "ssh suse-server 'python -V'" to a file. It seems that no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Druonysus
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting. I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color. I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell. Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

9. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
GFTP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GFTP(1)

NAME
gftp - file transfer client for *NIX based machines. SYNOPSIS
gftp [options] [[proto://][ user : [pass] @] server [: port ][/ directory ]] DESCRIPTION
gFTP is a file transfer client for *NIX based machines. It currently has a text interface and a GTK+ 1.2/2.x graphical interface. It cur- rently supports the FTP, FTPS (control connection only), HTTP, HTTPS, SSH and FSP protocols. OPTIONS
You may enter a url on the command line that gFTP will automatically connect to when it starts up. --help, -h Display program usage. --info Display some information about how gFTP was built. Please send the output of this command when submitting a bug report. --version, -v Display the current version of gFTP. proto This specifies the protocol that should be used. It can currently be one of the following options: ftp, ftps, http, https, ssh, fsp, local and bookmark. If omitted, the protocol specified by the default_protocol option will be used. user The username that will be used to log into the remote server. If omitted, your current username will be used for most protocols. For the FTP protocol, the anonymous username will be used. pass The password that will be used to log into the remote server. If omitted, you will be prompted for the password. If you are using the FTP protocol, and the username is anonymous, then your email address will be used as the password. server The remote server to connect to. port The remote port on the server to connect to. If omitted, the default port for the protocol will be used. The port will be looked up in the services(5) file. directory The directory to change to once you are connected to the remote server. FILES
~/.gftp/gftprc Per user configuration file. Most of these options can be edited inside gFTP. This file is also commented very well. ~/.gftp/book- marks Per user bookmarks file. BUGS
If you find any bugs in gFTP, please report them to GNOME's Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ AUTHOR
Brian Masney <masneyb@gftp.org> - http://www.gftp.org/ MARCH 2007 GFTP(1)