Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Getcwd performance issues
Operating Systems Solaris Getcwd performance issues Post 302821785 by KotekBury on Saturday 15th of June 2013 01:36:21 PM
Old 06-15-2013
thanks for the suggestion but I can also reproduce it with a newly created folder:

Code:
>> mkdir test
>> cd test
>> truss -D pwd 2>&1 | grep getcwd
0.0001 getcwd("/opt_local/product/test", 1025) = 0
>> cd ..
>> mv test test1
>> cd test1
0.2130 getcwd("/opt_local/product/test1", 1025) = 0
>> cd ..
>> mv test1 test
>> cd test
 0.0001 getcwd("/opt_local/product/test", 1025) = 0

As soon as I rename it back to test1 it becomes slow again.
Session or shell change has no effect on it.

The same does not happen on a similar server with a different OS level
SunOS 5.10 Generic_147147-26 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script performance issues --Urgent

I need help in awk please help immediatly. This below function is taking lot of time Please help me to fine tune it so that it runs faster. The file count is around 3million records # Process Body processbody() { #set -x while read line do ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: icefish
18 Replies

2. Solaris

raidctl performance issues

using the internal 2 drives mirror was created using raidctl on 100's of our servers . sometime when one drive fails we dont face any issue & we replace the drive with out any problem . but sometimes when one drive fails , system becomes unresponsive and doesnot allow us to login , the only way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk Performance Issues

Hi All, I'm facing an issue in my awk script. The script is processing a large text file having the details of a number of persons, each person's details being written from 100 to 250 tags as given below: 100 START| 101klklk| ... 245 opr| 246 55| 250 END| 100 START| ... 245 pp| 246... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgp_acc1
4 Replies

4. Programming

performance issues of calling a function in if condition

Hi, I have written a program in C and have to test the return value of the functions. So the normal way of doin this wud b int rc rc=myfunction(input); if(rc=TRUE){ } else{ } But instead of doing this I have called the function in the if() condition. Does this have any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidmania
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 11 Express NAT performance issues

Hi all, I decided to replace my linux router/firewall with Solaris 11 express. This is a pppoe connection directly to my server...no router boxes. I got everything setup, but the performance is terrible on the NAT....really slow. A web page that loads on the server instantly will take... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
3 Replies

6. AIX

Performance issues for LPAR with GPFS 3.4

Hi, We have GPFS 3.4 Installed on two AIX 6.1 Nodes. We have 3 GPFS Mount points: /abc01 4TB (Comprises of 14 x 300GB disks from XIV SAN) /abc02 4TB (Comprises of 14 x 300GB disks from XIV SAN) /abc03 1TB ((Comprises of Multiple 300GB disks from XIV SAN) Now these 40... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

7. Solaris

zfs send receive performance issues

I 'm trying to clone a zfs file system pool/u01 to a new file system called newpool/u01 using following commands zfs list zfs snapshot pool/u01@new zfs send pool/u01@new | zfs -F receive newpool/u01 Its a 100G file system snapshot and copied to same server on different pool and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 6.1 Memory Performance issues

Good Day Everyone, Just wonder anyone has encounter AIX 6.1 Memory Performance issues ? What I have in my current scenario is we have 3 datastage servers (Segregate server and EE jobs - for those who know Datastage achitect) and 2 db servers(running HA to load balance 4 nodes partitions for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk Performance issues Suse 11 SP1

hi guys right now I have 6 Virtual Machines (VMs) running on Vmware ESXi 5.1 and attached to Storage SAN. All these run Suse Linux 11 SP1 x64. All of a sudden 1 of these VMs is running very slow making high CPU usage and I see al wait % kinda high 40-50%. Apparently since I don't own this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
5 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Baiduspider and Forum Performance Issues

For years we blocked Baiduspider due to the fact their bots do not obey the robots.txt directive and can really hurt site performance when they unleash 100 bots on the site each pulling pages many times per second. Last year, I unblocked Baiduspider's IP addresses, and now the problem is back. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)