Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ALOM - Console -
Operating Systems Solaris ALOM - Console - Post 302821767 by br1an on Saturday 15th of June 2013 12:59:25 PM
Old 06-15-2013
Here's what happened when I issued the break command.

Code:
sc> break
Are you sure you want to send a break to the system [y/n]? y
sc>
SC Alert: SC Request to send Break to host.

SC Alert: Failed to send email alert for recent event.

sc> console
Enter #. to return to ALOM.
sc>
sc> console -f
Enter #. to return to ALOM.
sc>

The machine then does not respond. It remains at that screen until I press "#." it then returns me back to the sc> promt

I am not sure if this makes much of a difference but the rshell and ssh is enabled and I am able to ping, and ssh into the machine.

What I am trying to achieve here is to be able to console into the machine from the ALOM port or the net management port.
Are there any other configurations that I should be aware of?
I setup the ALOM conf by using "setupsc"

Thank you for your help.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags not ICODE tags for code blocks

Last edited by Scott; 06-15-2013 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Creating SNMP Strings To Trap ALOM Console Messages

Greetings To All! I am trying to accomplish the following: Using a public SNMP string, create a trap which will trap ALOM console messages on a Solaris Sunfire T-1000 ALOM console. The platform is Solaris 10. These newly created traps need to be configured in such a way that they will send... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
0 Replies

2. Solaris

console -f not working in ALOM

Hi, I connected to ALOM on V240 installed with Solaris 10. console -f does not give me console on screen. Sun(tm) Advanced Lights Out Manager 1.6.8 sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. ...I pressed ENTER a lot of times but does not give me console. Another observation in this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

3. Solaris

how to go to system console through ALOM in Sunfire V245

Hello , I am connecting sumfire v245 server to my laptop Through ALOM method.i got the ALOM prompt but after that i am typing sc> console to go to system console but i am not able to,after typing console only this line is coming Type #. to go back to ALOM. What to do ?? That server having... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avi157
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How disable alom?

hello guys.... I'm newbie in solaris server / os, anybody know how disable alom server v240. thank u (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanto85
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Reset ALOM from OS

Hi guys, I'm in trouble with a Sunfire T2000. The OS (Solaris10) is up and running, but I can't log in the sc>I think the terminal server is crashed! Does anyone know if I can reset the sc> from the OS? How can I do that? Thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Difference b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT

Hi Everyone. What is the differece b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT Service processor. I am trying reset ALOM login/passwd using scadm utility on T2000, while I am googling I came cross ALOM CMT doesnt support scadm utility, but ALOM supports. Not sure how different are these. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Alom

Hi, How to set ip address on eth0 for access ssh from ALOM? Is it possible? Now i cannot access it because don't have VGA. I keep try to access using ssh. Please guide me. Thanks. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
16 Replies

10. Hardware

Alom ?

Hi all, I have some problems with the fan FT0.F0, which looks like has a problem with the PROM/ALOM ( I am nor sure who).....but, in fact, the fan is working properly even in other V440 Sparc Server. We checked HW comunication between Fan and the MotherBoard, and we think is a problem of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: proof_enrique
8 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)