Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ALOM - Console -
Operating Systems Solaris ALOM - Console - Post 302821743 by br1an on Saturday 15th of June 2013 11:46:47 AM
Old 06-15-2013
Hi,

Sorry I forgot to mention,

The system is powered on.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Creating SNMP Strings To Trap ALOM Console Messages

Greetings To All! I am trying to accomplish the following: Using a public SNMP string, create a trap which will trap ALOM console messages on a Solaris Sunfire T-1000 ALOM console. The platform is Solaris 10. These newly created traps need to be configured in such a way that they will send... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
0 Replies

2. Solaris

console -f not working in ALOM

Hi, I connected to ALOM on V240 installed with Solaris 10. console -f does not give me console on screen. Sun(tm) Advanced Lights Out Manager 1.6.8 sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. ...I pressed ENTER a lot of times but does not give me console. Another observation in this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

3. Solaris

how to go to system console through ALOM in Sunfire V245

Hello , I am connecting sumfire v245 server to my laptop Through ALOM method.i got the ALOM prompt but after that i am typing sc> console to go to system console but i am not able to,after typing console only this line is coming Type #. to go back to ALOM. What to do ?? That server having... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avi157
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How disable alom?

hello guys.... I'm newbie in solaris server / os, anybody know how disable alom server v240. thank u (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanto85
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Reset ALOM from OS

Hi guys, I'm in trouble with a Sunfire T2000. The OS (Solaris10) is up and running, but I can't log in the sc>I think the terminal server is crashed! Does anyone know if I can reset the sc> from the OS? How can I do that? Thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Difference b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT

Hi Everyone. What is the differece b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT Service processor. I am trying reset ALOM login/passwd using scadm utility on T2000, while I am googling I came cross ALOM CMT doesnt support scadm utility, but ALOM supports. Not sure how different are these. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Alom

Hi, How to set ip address on eth0 for access ssh from ALOM? Is it possible? Now i cannot access it because don't have VGA. I keep try to access using ssh. Please guide me. Thanks. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
16 Replies

10. Hardware

Alom ?

Hi all, I have some problems with the fan FT0.F0, which looks like has a problem with the PROM/ALOM ( I am nor sure who).....but, in fact, the fan is working properly even in other V440 Sparc Server. We checked HW comunication between Fan and the MotherBoard, and we think is a problem of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: proof_enrique
8 Replies
removable-media(9P)					   Kernel Properties for Drivers				       removable-media(9P)

NAME
removable-media - removable media device property DESCRIPTION
A device that supports removable media--such as CDROM, JAZZ, and ZIP drives--and that supports power management and expects automatic mounting of the device via the volume manager should export the boolean (zero length) property removable-media. This property enables the system to make the power state of the device dependent on the power state of the frame buffer and monitor. See the power.conf(4) discussion of the device-dependency-property entry for more information. Devices that behave like removable devices (such as PC ATA cards, where the controller and media both are removed at the same time) should also export this property. EXAMPLES
Example 1: removable-media Entry An example of a removable-media entry from the .conf file of a driver is shown below. # This entry keeps removable media from being powered down unless # the console framebuffer and monitor are powered down # removable-media=1; Example 2: Implementation in attach() Below is an example of how the entry above would be implemented in the attach(9E) function of the driver. xxattach(dev_info_t *dip, ddi_attach_cmd_t cmd) { ... if (ddi_prop_create(DDI_DEV_T_NONE, dip, DDI_PROP_CANSLEEP, "removable-media", NULL, 0)) != DDI_PROP_SUCCESS) goto failed; ... } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
power.conf(4), pm(7D), attach(9E), detach(9E), ddi_prop_create(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 15 Jun 2001 removable-media(9P)