Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun-Fire V440 boot disk issue Post 302821355 by cerber0 on Friday 14th of June 2013 12:09:31 PM
Old 06-14-2013
This User Gave Thanks to cerber0 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Fire V440 and Patch 109147-39

Got an curious issue. I applied 109147-39 to, oh 15 or so various systems all running Jumpstarted Solaris 8. When I hit the first two V440s, they both failed with Return code 139. All non shell commands segfaulted from then on. The patch modified mainly the linker libraries and commands. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Fire v440 keeps shutting down

Hello, I hope you can help me. I am new to Sun servers and we have a Sun Fire v440 server in which one power supply failed, we are waiting for new one. But now our server is shutting down constantly. Is there any setting with which we can prevent this behaviour? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tibor
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire won't boot anymore

Hi all - I have an issue with our (way old) single processor SunFire 280R, running Solaris 9.0.4. It won't boot even after multiple power cycles. There was a power outage last week end in the computer room, so this might have to do. In normal boot mode, the screen shows a single line : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bostella
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire v440 hardware problem (can't get ok>)

First of all it's shut down 60 second after power on and write on console : SC Alert: Correct SCC not replaced - shutting managed system down! This is cured by moving out battery from ALOM card. Now server start to loop during the testing. That's on the console: >@(#) Sun Fire V440,Netra... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alisher
14 Replies

5. Solaris

error messages in Sun Fire V440

Hello, I am seeing error messages in V440 (OS = solaris 8). I have copied here : The system does not reboot constantly and it is up for last 67 days. One more interesting thing I found, I see errors start appearing at 4:52AM last until 6am and again start at 16:52am on same day.. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

6. Solaris

ALOM wont work when KVM connected to Sun Fire V440 server

Hi, I was asked to connect a KVM screen to a Sun Fire V440 last night so I connected it up but no joy and nothing on the KVM screen. I was told that a reboot may fix the problem so connected to the ALOM and rebooted. On the plus side, the KVM screen now works but I lost the ALOM connection. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy54321
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Firmware password Solaris Sun Fire v440

Hi: I bougth an used Sun Fire v440, and It have a firmware password. When I turn on the server, it ask for firmware password. (I don 't know what is the correct password). I can access to SC, but when I want to access to OBP, Firmware Password appears again. I remove the battery for two hours,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mguazzardo
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun Fire v440 Over heat Problem.

Dear Team, I need some expert advice to my problem. We have a Sun Fire v440 in our customer Place. Server is working fine and no hardware deviations are found except one problem that processors generating too much heat. I have verified and found that the room temperature was 26-27 degree.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Removing a disk from SUN Fire V440 running Solaris 8

Hi, I have a SUN Fire V440 server running Solaris 8. One of the 4 disks do not appear when issued the format command. The "ready to remove" LED is not on either. Metastat command warns that this disk "Needs maintenace". Can I just shutdown and power off the machine and then insert an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Echo68
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun Fire v440 Hard disk or controller broken? WARNING: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd1)

Hi, I have a Sun Fire V440 server that fails to boot up correctly. A lot of services are not started and the sytems acts really slow to commands. During boot I can see the following Error: WARNING: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd1): SCSI transport failed: reason 'reset': retrying... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: oliwei
15 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD