Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Carrier Detection in Solaris 8 for Dial in and Null Modem Connections Post 302821345 by Corona688 on Friday 14th of June 2013 11:54:46 AM
Old 06-14-2013
Whether this is obeyed may depend on the settings of your serial port as well, see stty

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Got connected with Modem but cannot dial Telephone no. to connect to host

Hello There, I configure my Modem as follow. Step1. # admintool & Then from Browse --> Serial Port i select tta port and Edit --> Modify From that i select Template : Modem:Dial Out Baud Rate: 9600 Ok Step 2 # tip /dev/cua/a connected (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hyperterminal null modem connection to Solaris

I am new to Unix. I just got my SUN box from ebay with Solaris supposedly preloaded. The problem is I am unable to connect via Hyperterminal to Solaris, or more to the point, cannot tell if I have a successful connection and that solaris is the one not properly booted up. I hooked up a null... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seethams
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial-Up Modem

Im using Kinternet with a Lucent modem on Suse 9.0 Ive installed the ltmodem driver and suse says the device is ready and configured. Ive configured it at /dev/ttyS0 This is the log that Kinternet gives after trying to connect: SuSE Meta pppd (smpppd-ifcfg), Version 1.06 on linux. Status... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
0 Replies

4. SCO

Dial-Out & Dial-In Connections in OpenServer 5.0.6.

Friends, I am facing a problem in connecting two SCO Openserver 5.0.6 servers through Dial-Up connectivity as is done in the case of two Windows PCs. Please help me out with the following problems: (a) How to configure the modem? (b) How to setup a Dial-In connection? (c) How to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobolguy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

null modem for testing

hi all.. sorry for repeating the same question many times, i just set up a null modem, i am using this as reference : DB25 DB9 -- - 2 TD ---- 2 RD 3 RD ---- 3 TD 4 RTS ---- 8 CTS 5 CTS ---- 7 RTS 7 GND ---- 5 GND 6 DSR -+ +--- 4 DTR 8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
0 Replies

6. Solaris

help me!!!! how configure modem dial up with smc in solaris 10

Dear All, i have problem during install modem dial up with smc in solaris 10. i can't find "login" because it's stop in _receive started transmit started. thanks for your attention. this is the list during i dial to this number : altconn called Device Type ACU wanted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.ridho
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

modem detection

How to get information that where is my modem configured in /dev. I have two modems configured in my device .. one is USB and other is PCI modem.. USB is detected as /dev/USB0. but how to see about PCI modem? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s123.radha
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modem (dial up) connecton to Unix machine

Hello to all, I have one problem and hope you'll be able to help me. It's about connecting Windows PC machine to Unix machine via dial up through Hyper terminal. Connection was working in the past. In the meantime, windows machine is replaced (win XP) and unix machine stayed as is. So nothing is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mick
1 Replies

9. BSD

Carrier Detection in FreeBSD

Regarding carrier detection on FreeBSD 9.1 being run within Virtual Box: I used a usb-serial dongle which shows up as ttyu0 on the BSD machine. Carrier detection appears to work. When I establish a null modem connection I receive a login prompt. If I login, and then unplug and plug back the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstor
2 Replies
dhb(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    dhb(4)

Name
       dhb - DHB32 communications multiplexer

Syntax
       device dmb0 at vaxbi? node? flags 0x????
	    vector dmbsint dmbaint dmblint

Description
       A  DHB32  device  provides  16  asynchronous  communication lines with full modem control.  The DHB32 and the DMB32 share a common software
       device driver.  For this reason, the configuration line is the same for both the DHB32 and DMB32.

Each line attached to a DHB32 serial line port behaves as described in Input and output for each line can independently be set  to  run	at
       any of 16 speeds.  See for the encoding.

Bit i of flags may be specified for a to say that a line should be treated as a hardwired connection with carrier always present.  If bit i
       of flags is not set, the line will operate under full modem control.  Modem lines will operate in accordance to the  CD	(carrier  detect),
       DSR  (data  set	ready) and CTS (clear to send) leads.  Thus, specifying ``flags 0x0004'' in the specification of would cause line 2 on the
       DHB32 to be treated as hardwired with carrier always present.  In this example, the remainder of the lines will be modem control lines.

Diagnostics
       dmbinit: async lines unavailable
       This message is produced at system boot time if the DHB32 fails its internal self test indicating that the asynchronous lines  have  failed
       to configure.

dmb%d: fifo overflow
       The character input fifo overflowed before it could be serviced.  This can happen if the CPU is running with elevated priority for too long
       a period of time.  Overflow errors may indicate that configuration constraints have been reached.

dmb%d: DMA Error. tbuf = 0x%x
       A DMA output transfer failed.  This problem can result from a memory error or an invalid pte (page table entry).  For a description of  the
       error code in the ``tbuf'' register. See the DHB32 documentation.

dmb%d: DMB Hardware Error. TX.DMA.START failed
       The failed to clear the start bit.  Normally, this is cleared to signal that a DMA transfer has completed.

dmb%d: Modem Error. tbuf = 0x%x
       Indicates a problem with a modem or its cable.  For a description of the error code in the ``tbuf'' register. See the DHB32 documentation.

dmb%d: Internal Error. tbuf = 0x%x
       Indicates  that	the  DHB32  detected  an internal error.  For a description of the error code in the ``tbuf'' register. See the DHB32 User
       Guide.

Files
       (modem lines only)

See Also
       tty(4), MAKEDEV(8), dmbsp(4)

dhb(4)