Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to enable ncp
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to enable ncp Post 302821341 by Corona688 on Friday 14th of June 2013 11:50:52 AM
Old 06-14-2013
192.168.168.21 doesn't look like a valid IP address to me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to enable rsh

HELP..... How to enable and disable RSH in solaris 8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gini
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to login to zone after enable BSM

hi i am not able to the zones after i enable BSM, but i am able to login using "zlogin -S" option. is there any command which i can use to troubleshoot. thanks a lot! :cool: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
0 Replies

3. Solaris

enable log

dear all i want to enable the below logs can you help me /var/adm/xferlog /var/spool/uucp/.Admin thanx you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
0 Replies

4. Linux

How to enable Hibernate

Hi, I want to enable hibernate in my machine. when i click hibernate option, it is throwing message that hibernate is not enabled in kernel. earlier, i was hibernating in the same machine with windows os. any idea ? Thx in advance. Siva (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

how do i enable messaging

hi guyz i work as a system administrator for some organization(am a newbie). one of the solaris machines is loaded with the messenger server...all configured by a former administrator. my task was to create user accounts for the mail and calendar services and as i checked its not working .....i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henokia4j
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to enable XDMCP?

Hello everyone, I installed AIX the other day (several times!) but I can't get XDMCP to work. I remember from when I installed it the last time it worked out of the box. So why doesn't it work now? This is the error message I get: XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 2 failed for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
3 Replies

7. Fedora

Enable a Key

Hi team, Print Screen key is disabled in my machine. How can i enable it?? How do i do that via command line?? Or tell me in GUI.. Am using Linux Fedora 14 OS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
2 Replies

8. SCO

Auditing: how to enable?

edit: solution found Auditing Quick Start and Compatibility Notes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to enable SeLinux on RHEL 7

I worked all night on creating an RHEL 7 template customized for our private cloud and almost had it ready. While doing the final part, enabling GDM, I made the blunder of disabling SELINUX. Now I am not able to re-enable or put into permissive mode again. Earlier, when this happened on RHEL 6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enable lpfc changes!

Hi Folks! I am writing a script which changes lpfc.conf if there it has been setup on RHEL BOXes, do I need to put dracut -f for enabling it? I am not sure, Can someone help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
6 Replies
NCPLOGIN(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       NCPLOGIN(1)

NAME
ncplogin -- create permanent connection to a NetWare server SYNOPSIS
ncplogin [-BCDN] [-S server] [-U user] [-A host] [-I level] [-M mode] [-O [owner][:group]] [-R retrycount] [-T tree] [-W timeout] ncplogin [-BCDN] [-A host] [-I level] [-M mode] [-O [owner][:group]] [-R retrycount] [-T tree] [-W timeout] /server:user DESCRIPTION
Connections to a NetWare server can be created and used independently of the mount_nwfs(8) command. Connections can be created by any user. Each user can have multiple connections, but each NetWareServer:NetWareUser pair should be unique. The ncplogin command is used to create a permanent connection to a NetWare server. Permanent connections will stay open even if no applica- tion uses them. This allows users to run different ncp* programs without specifying a file server and user to use. Established connections can be destroyed with the ncplogout(1) command. Upper case options described in this manual page are common for other ncp* programs and are referred to as ``connection options''. Options -U and -S are mutually exclusive with the /server:user syntax. The following options are available: -S server Specify the name of the NetWare server to connect to. This affects only IPX servers. For servers supporting IP natively, see the -A option. -U user Specify the name of the user used in the login sequence. -A host Use the UDP protocol to connect to a NetWare 5.x server specified by the host argument. -C Do not convert the password to uppercase. -D Mark the connection as primary. The option can be used to modify existing connections. Only the ncplogin program accepts this option. -I signature_level Try to use signature_level. Available values are: Value Meaning 0 disable signatures 1 enable (use if required by server) 2 request but do not require signing 3 require signatures Note that only packet header signing is implemented. -M mode Share this connection. The bits in the mode argument are similar to standard file permissions: Mask Meaning 4 (READ) connection will be visible. 2 (WRITE) connection can be closed/modified. 1 (EXECUTE) user is allowed to execute requests. By default, the connection is created with mode 0700 and only the owner can use it. Specifying 0750 as the argument to the -M option would allow read-only group access as well. This would allow the group to perform NCP requests, but not to destroy the connection. When a server is not explicitly specified, ncp* programs try to find a suitable connection in the following order: 1. Try to find a connection owned by the user. If there is more than one such connection, try to determine which one is pri- mary. (The primary flag is set with the -D option.) 2. If the primary connection could not be determined, the first shared connection will be used. -N Do not prompt for a password. At run time, ncplogin reads the ~/.nwfsrc file for additional configuration parameters and a password. If no password is found for the specified server:user pair, ncplogin prompts for it. -O Specify the owner and group attributes for the connection. By default, newly created connections take the owner attribute from the creating user's username and the group attribute from the creating user's primary group. This option overrides that behaviour. Only the superuser can override the owner attribute for a connection. -P Mark the connection as permanent. The ncplogin utility always creates permanent connections. This option can be useful in other ncp* programs. -R retry_count Specify the number of retries to be performed before dropping the connection. The default value is 10. Note: after a connection is marked ``BAD'', each request will try to restore it. This process restores only the NCP connection; it does not reopen any files that were open at the time that the connection was marked ``BAD''. -W timeout Specify the server request timeout in seconds. The default is 5 seconds. /server:user This syntax is provided for the sake of simplicity and is mutually exclusive with the -S and -U options. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
Low-level connection management is implemented in the ncp.ko kernel module. The IPXrouted(8) program is also required for IPX support. FILES
~/.nwfsrc keeps static parameters for connections and other information; see /usr/share/examples/nwclient/dot.nwfsrc for details. HISTORY
The ncplogin command first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>, <rbp@chat.ru> BUGS
Please report any bugs to the author. BSD
September 15, 1999 BSD