Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to enable ncp
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to enable ncp Post 302821331 by HuaMin on Friday 14th of June 2013 11:43:54 AM
Old 06-14-2013
Thanks a lot.

I know I can change it to Automatic or DefaultFixed.

Does it mean the server would be only with either one Automatic IP (from ISP) or one DefaultFixed one? Can I achieve the same as that of Linux server, like net0 is with one Fixed IP, and net1 with Allocated IP (from ISP)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to enable rsh

HELP..... How to enable and disable RSH in solaris 8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gini
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to login to zone after enable BSM

hi i am not able to the zones after i enable BSM, but i am able to login using "zlogin -S" option. is there any command which i can use to troubleshoot. thanks a lot! :cool: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
0 Replies

3. Solaris

enable log

dear all i want to enable the below logs can you help me /var/adm/xferlog /var/spool/uucp/.Admin thanx you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
0 Replies

4. Linux

How to enable Hibernate

Hi, I want to enable hibernate in my machine. when i click hibernate option, it is throwing message that hibernate is not enabled in kernel. earlier, i was hibernating in the same machine with windows os. any idea ? Thx in advance. Siva (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

how do i enable messaging

hi guyz i work as a system administrator for some organization(am a newbie). one of the solaris machines is loaded with the messenger server...all configured by a former administrator. my task was to create user accounts for the mail and calendar services and as i checked its not working .....i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henokia4j
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to enable XDMCP?

Hello everyone, I installed AIX the other day (several times!) but I can't get XDMCP to work. I remember from when I installed it the last time it worked out of the box. So why doesn't it work now? This is the error message I get: XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 2 failed for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
3 Replies

7. Fedora

Enable a Key

Hi team, Print Screen key is disabled in my machine. How can i enable it?? How do i do that via command line?? Or tell me in GUI.. Am using Linux Fedora 14 OS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
2 Replies

8. SCO

Auditing: how to enable?

edit: solution found Auditing Quick Start and Compatibility Notes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to enable SeLinux on RHEL 7

I worked all night on creating an RHEL 7 template customized for our private cloud and almost had it ready. While doing the final part, enabling GDM, I made the blunder of disabling SELINUX. Now I am not able to re-enable or put into permissive mode again. Earlier, when this happened on RHEL 6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enable lpfc changes!

Hi Folks! I am writing a script which changes lpfc.conf if there it has been setup on RHEL BOXes, do I need to put dracut -f for enabling it? I am not sure, Can someone help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
6 Replies
ncp(7D) 																   ncp(7D)

NAME
ncp - Niagara crypto provider device driver The ncp device driver is a multi-threaded, loadable hardware driver supporting hardware assisted acceleration of RSA and DSA cryptographic operations. This support is built into the Niagara CMT processor. The ncp driver requires the presence of the Solaris Cryptographic Framework to enable applications and kernel clients to access the pro- vided services. CONFIGURATION
You configure the ncp driver by defining properties in /platform/sun4v/kernel/drv/ncp.conf which override the default settings. The fol- lowing property is supported: nostats Disables the generation of statistics. The nostats property may be used to help prevent traffic analysis, but this may inhibit support personnel. NETWORK STATISTICS
Solaris network drivers must implement statistics variables. The ncp driver maintains the following statistics: mauXqfull Number of times the queue for MAU X was found full when attempting to submit jobs. mauXupdate_failure Number of submit job failures on MAU X. mauXsubmit Number of jobs submitted to MAU X since driver load (boot). rsapublic Total number of jobs submitted to the device for RSA public key operations. rsaprivate Total number of jobs submitted to the device for RSA private key operations. dsasign Total number of jobs submitted to the device for DSA signing. dsaverify Total number of jobs submitted to the device for DSA verification. Additional statistics may be supplied for Sun support personnel, but are not useful to Solaris users and are not doc- umented in this manpage. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcakr.v | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ FILES
/platform/sun4v/kernel/drv/sparcv9/ncp 64-bit ELF kernel driver. /platform/sun4v/kernel/drv/ncp.conf Configuration file. cryptoadm(1M), kstat(1M), prtconf(1M), attributes(5) Solaris Cryptographic Framework -- Solaris Software Developer Collection Solaris Security for Developer's Guide -- Solaris Software Developer Collection 14 Mar 2005 ncp(7D)