Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding the modified timestamp of files from the piped output of du command Post 302821173 by hergp on Friday 14th of June 2013 07:13:31 AM
Old 06-14-2013
One way would be
Code:
some_command | awk '{ print $2 }' | another_command

This User Gave Thanks to hergp For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding modified files

Last week I was using the command: ' find /directory -mtime -2 -print' and it showed all the files modified within that period. However, now it only displays the directories and not the files modified. The only thing that changed is that I was granted access to some files. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhayabusa
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding out the last modified time for files

I need to find out the last modified time for the files which are older than 6 months. If I use ls -l, the files which are older than 6 months, I am just getting the day, month and year instead of exact time. I am using Korn shell, and SUN OS. Thanks in Advance, Kiran (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumariak
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Finding list of modified files for a particular time duration

Hi , I am trying to find out the List of files modified or added aftter installation of any component on SUN solaris box . But i am not able to do it using ls or find command . Can somebody help me out ? Thanks Sanjay Gupta (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanajyg_mnit
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files which are modified few mins ago

Hi All, I have a requirement to find out the files which are modified in the last 10 minutes. I tried the find command with -amin and -mmin options, but its not working on my AIX server. Can anyone of you could help me. Thanks in advance for your help. Raju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a filename modified by attaching modified timestamp

Hi, I want to modify a filename in AIX by attaching the last modified timestamp. I want the timestamp completely in numerical format (eg:200905081210. yr-2009, mnth - 05, date -08, hr - 12, mins - 10). For example if the filename is a.log and it was modified on April 6th 2008 at 21.00. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruks
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't Output Piped Perl In-line command to a File

Hello, I'm pretty stumped, and I don't know why I am not able to redirect the output to the 'graphme' file with the command below in Fedora 18. tcpdump -l -n -t "tcp == 18" | perl -ane '($s,$j)=split(/,/,$F,2); print "$s\n";' > graphme In case you're wondering, I was following the example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ConcealedKnight
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read and write last modified timestamp to files?

Need help reading file last modified date in format: Filename (relative path);YYYYMMDDHHMMSS And then write it back. My idea is to backup it to a text file to restore later. Checked this command but does not work: Getting the Last Modification Timestamp of a File with Stat $ stat -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all files containing string not following symlinks CAT (modified) output content to /filename

This should recursively walk through all dirictories and search for a specified string in all present files, if found output manicured content (eg some regex) with CAT into a specified directory (eg /tmp/) one by one, keeping the original names This is what I have so far, which seems to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use cut output as variable piped awk command

Hi, I would like use the output of my cut command as a variable in my following awk command. Here's what I've written. cut -f1 info.txt | awk -v i=xargs -F'' '{if($6 == $i) print $20}' summary.txt Where obviously the 'xargs' doesn't do what I want. How can I pass my cut result to my awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heyooo
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)