Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RHEL6.2 Santiago Audio Issue
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support RHEL6.2 Santiago Audio Issue Post 302821015 by fpmurphy on Friday 14th of June 2013 12:11:22 AM
Old 06-14-2013
When you updated your system with Centos, you replaced one or more of the Redhat branding packages. If you cannot back out the changes you made to the branding packages, you can download a SRPM for these packages from the Redhat FTP site, rebuild these packages and install them yourself.

I may be wrong but I believe that the package you are looking for is called redhat-logos. Check your installation logs and see if you replaced that package when you performed your update.
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

whats new in rhel6

hi everyone please tell me what is new in rhel 6 version,than rhel 5 or rhel 5.5? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dipanjan123
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

3D effects on RHEL6 OC

Hello, I just installed RHEL6 OC on my T61p. It's great! Just for fun I'd like to use some fancy cool Desktop effects. I tried to enable 3D Desktop effects from OC Welcome Center but it gave me error message: Accelerated 3D graphics is not available. Desktop effects require hardware 3D support.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: susja
7 Replies

3. Red Hat

3d effects in rhel6

I installed rhel 6.0 in my laptop but it is not upporting 3d graphics of rhel6 and i am getting an error message "Accelerated 3d graphics not available Desktop effects require hardware 3D support." my laptop is dll studio 1558 and my graphic card is ATI Radeon 5470 with 1 gb dedicated ram. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nileshgupta
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

Installation of java on RHEL6

HI all, I am trying to install java on RHEL 6 in a vm. Can any one Help me How to install Java on RHEL6. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saisrinivas99
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Channel bonding Issue - Bond0 interface not getting up in on RHEL6

Hello, I am trying to set up Channel Bonding on a RHEL6 Virtual Box VM. I have 2 ethernet cards on the machine which are set up in Internal Network mode. I followed all the steps exactly as mentioned in the RHEL6 deployment Guide, but for some reason i think results are not correct. Here are my... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
13 Replies

6. Red Hat

Mount problem in RHEL6

Hi Folks, I am trying to mount an AIX server in Linux 6, I am able to mount the path under the mount point of /mnt and also can view on df -h. But, under the /mnt there is no content ... its empty. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keys not working after installing redhat santiago

Hi Guys, I have installed redhat santiago on my system but keys ar not working properly after installation , like for | (pipeline) it types "~" and for other special keys also. also man command doesnt work pls help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

[RHEL6.1] Installation phpmyadmin

Hi, i'm trying to install PhpMyAdmin on my RHEL 6.1 but when i do : yum install phpmyadmin it gives me this : Error: Package: php-common-5.5.8-1.el6.remi.i686 (remi-php55) Requires: libssl.so.10(libssl.so.10) Error: Package: php-5.5.8-1.el6.remi.i686 (remi-php55) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talkk
1 Replies

9. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Multipath issue in RHEL6.5 32-bit

I am facing problems with native multipath of the OS RHEL 6.5 (32-bit). One of the two paths of random Logical disks are not going neither failing back unless we reboot the system.what could be the reason? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sahil Sharma
1 Replies
patchmedia(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    patchmedia(1M)

NAME
patchmedia - modify Solaris media with patches and packages SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/patchmedia -d media-root [-v] [-o iso] [-l label] pkg_or_patch [pkg_or_patch ...] DESCRIPTION
The patchmedia utility takes a list of patches and packages as input and updates the install miniroot in media-root (the root directory of an on-disk image of a Solaris installation media) to include the specified patches and packages. These patches and packages are also placed in a subdirectory called DU under the Solaris install image. For example: media-root/Solaris_10/DU When booting a system from the updated media, the patches and packages will be part of the booted Solaris image. They will also be applied to the target system being installed at the end of the installation process. If -o is specified, a bootable ISO image is created in the file media.iso that contains the Solaris install media. The ISO image can then be burned onto a CD/DVD with utilities such as cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1). (The latter is not a SunOS man page.) OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d media-root Top-level directory of on-disk image of Solaris installation media. This is option must be specified. -o iso Create a Solaris ISO image of media-root. -l label Label/volume name of the ISO image (if -o option is specified). If -o is not specified, the name of Solaris directory under media-root, for example, Solaris_10, will be used. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pkg_or_patch [pkg_or_patch ...] One or more patches or packages (you can have both patches and packages in a single command) with which the Solaris installation media media-root will be updated. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Updating a Solaris Install Image with Patch and Package The following command updates the Solaris install image in s10u1 by adding patch 123456-07 and package SUNWfoo. # /usr/bin/patchmedia -d s10u1 SUNWfoo 123456-07 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), mkcd(1M), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 29 Jul 2008 patchmedia(1M)