Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Escape Sequence for Capital Letters Input at Shell Not Working Post 302820487 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 12th of June 2013 06:23:33 PM
Old 06-12-2013
Did you Try:
Code:
ctrl-V[capital letter]
#Example of what it looks like:
^VH

This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

capital letters GONE!

I have an odd issue. I am trying to copy some files/folders to my linux box via a burned CD which I created on my mac. When I browse the files on the mac (or my windows box), everything looks fine (some of the folder names start with a capital letter, which is needed for everything to work... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blogg
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape sequence

Hi, I have got an application through which an user will submit an address like "c:\tuser\abc". This application calls a script and passes the address to the scripts positional parameter say $1. So $1 should contain "c:\tuser\abc", but when $1 is echoed the "\t" and "\a" are interpreted to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puspendu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change a parameter to be in capital letters

Hi, I have a korn shell script with 1 parameter. My script deletes certain files, for example.... sid=$1 rm $ORC/dbs/orapwd${sid} #orapwddb1 rm $ORC/dbs/lk${sid} #lkDB1 In the first file, the $sid must be in small letters and in the second file, the $sid must be in capital... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: n8575
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change small letters to capital

hi guys, I know this might be very simple for u but not for me. I simply want to print the active users, changeing the first letter in their names to capital. i guess sed it's useful but don't know how to find the correspondign capital letter and don't know how to change just the first... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

want to view the escape sequence

Hi, Is it possible to view the escape sequence in the ascii file. That is I want to see the newlinw character,tab ........ etc Thanks Sweta (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search for capital letters

Hi, I just want to search a file for any words containng a capital letter and then display a list of just these words! I have been trying grep but to no has not helped.(im using the bash shell) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djdaniel3
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape sequence for $

Hi all, I have a requirement where the variable name starts with $, like $Amd=/home/student/test/ How to work wit it? can some one help me, am in gr8 confusion:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreekrishnagd
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put parentheses around all capital letters using SED

Hello everyone I tell you that I'm trying to do a bash program that can put parentheses around each capital letter of each line using SED. I tell you probe with: sed -e '1,$s/A/(A)/g' "$file" but only add parentheses in A. then tested with: sed 'y/AB/(A)(B)/' "$archivo" but it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adiegorpc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing all characters of a file to capital letters

Hi guys. I have file named output.txt containing file names. one per line. I use this command to convert all characters to capital letters and write to the same file. cat output.txt | tr 'a-z' 'A-Z' > output.txtBut at the end output.txt is emtpy. Could anyone help?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract distinc sequence of letters

Hallo, I need to extract distinct sequence of letters for example from 136 to 193 Files are quite big, so I would prefer not to use "fold -w1" Thank you very much Input file look like this: 1 cttttacctt catgtgtttt tgcagatatt tgttcataat aacatcttct ttttaagtta 61 ttaaaatctt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamcamonty
4 Replies
Locale::Currency(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Locale::Currency(3)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $curr = code2currency('usd','alpha'); $curr = code2currency('usd',LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Currency(3)