Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Escape Sequence for Capital Letters Input at Shell Not Working Post 302820447 by DGPickett on Wednesday 12th of June 2013 04:42:31 PM
Old 06-12-2013
Vi knows what to flip, so
Code:
:!stty -a

and start flipping things?

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 06-12-2013 at 07:24 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

capital letters GONE!

I have an odd issue. I am trying to copy some files/folders to my linux box via a burned CD which I created on my mac. When I browse the files on the mac (or my windows box), everything looks fine (some of the folder names start with a capital letter, which is needed for everything to work... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blogg
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape sequence

Hi, I have got an application through which an user will submit an address like "c:\tuser\abc". This application calls a script and passes the address to the scripts positional parameter say $1. So $1 should contain "c:\tuser\abc", but when $1 is echoed the "\t" and "\a" are interpreted to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puspendu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change a parameter to be in capital letters

Hi, I have a korn shell script with 1 parameter. My script deletes certain files, for example.... sid=$1 rm $ORC/dbs/orapwd${sid} #orapwddb1 rm $ORC/dbs/lk${sid} #lkDB1 In the first file, the $sid must be in small letters and in the second file, the $sid must be in capital... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: n8575
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change small letters to capital

hi guys, I know this might be very simple for u but not for me. I simply want to print the active users, changeing the first letter in their names to capital. i guess sed it's useful but don't know how to find the correspondign capital letter and don't know how to change just the first... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

want to view the escape sequence

Hi, Is it possible to view the escape sequence in the ascii file. That is I want to see the newlinw character,tab ........ etc Thanks Sweta (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search for capital letters

Hi, I just want to search a file for any words containng a capital letter and then display a list of just these words! I have been trying grep but to no has not helped.(im using the bash shell) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djdaniel3
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape sequence for $

Hi all, I have a requirement where the variable name starts with $, like $Amd=/home/student/test/ How to work wit it? can some one help me, am in gr8 confusion:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreekrishnagd
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put parentheses around all capital letters using SED

Hello everyone I tell you that I'm trying to do a bash program that can put parentheses around each capital letter of each line using SED. I tell you probe with: sed -e '1,$s/A/(A)/g' "$file" but only add parentheses in A. then tested with: sed 'y/AB/(A)(B)/' "$archivo" but it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adiegorpc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing all characters of a file to capital letters

Hi guys. I have file named output.txt containing file names. one per line. I use this command to convert all characters to capital letters and write to the same file. cat output.txt | tr 'a-z' 'A-Z' > output.txtBut at the end output.txt is emtpy. Could anyone help?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract distinc sequence of letters

Hallo, I need to extract distinct sequence of letters for example from 136 to 193 Files are quite big, so I would prefer not to use "fold -w1" Thank you very much Input file look like this: 1 cttttacctt catgtgtttt tgcagatatt tgttcataat aacatcttct ttttaagtta 61 ttaaaatctt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamcamonty
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)