Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Ssh to remote access point http server Post 302820435 by Corona688 on Wednesday 12th of June 2013 04:07:15 PM
Old 06-12-2013
I take it my advice worked? Which method did you use?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Access environment variables on remote host using ssh

How can i access environment variables on remote host using ssh example: # Remote server $ echo $MAIL /var/spool/mail/gacf $ # Local server $ ssh gacf@server1 'echo $MAIL' /var/mail/gacf $ Expected to find: $ ssh gacf@server1 'echo $MAIL' /var/spool/mail/gacf $ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a script runned in local server access remote server?

Hi, Im creating a script that is supposed to run commands on remote server using sftp. My script is as below: #!/bin/ksh sftp remote_server mypassword cd /u08/mydir/allfiles mget * .. But this is what I got when I runned the script: Connecting to remote server...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
3 Replies

3. Linux

Create VNC Session on remote machine on which ssh access is denied

Hi Folks, I want to create VNC session on the Remote RHEL machine on which ssh access is denied. Is there any way so that I can create VNC session without ssh access. Let me know all possible ways! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gydave
1 Replies

4. Programming

Sending and Receiving data between Client, HTTP Proxy, and Remote Server

I am having problems receiving data from a remote server. It seems that I can send an HTTP request to any host such as http://www.google.com, but I can't get a reply. I'm sending the host a HTTP 1.0 request that is formatted as such: GET / HTTP/1.0 Host: http://www.google.com Connection:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubham92
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access to Remote tty cli via ssh

Scenario: I would like the ability to be able to use the cli on a client that has remotely connected to me via my ssh server in my office and use their terminal to work remotely if I am in another remote location. Ex. The client reverse ssh's to my remote ssh server in my office. ssh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi server access through remote server using ssh

Team, Presently I have 5 ip address kept in ip_abc1 file, for each of the ip address listed, i need to login on each ipaddress one at a time and login as below for that specific ip address ssh -p 8101 karaf@<ip.address_for the specific ip address as logged in> password features:list... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
posix_madvise(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					 posix_madvise(3C)

NAME
posix_madvise - memory advisory information SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mman.h> int posix_madvise(void *addr, size_t len, int advice); DESCRIPTION
The posix_madvise() function advises the system on the expected behavior of the application with respect to the data in the memory starting at address addr, and continuing for len bytes. The system may use this information to optimize handling of the specified data. The posix_madvise() function has no effect on the semantics of access to memory in the specified range, although it may affect the performance of access. The advice to be applied to the memory range is specified by the advice parameter and may be one of the following values: POSIX_MADV_NORMAL Specifies that the application has no advice to give on its behavior with respect to the specified range. It is the default characteristic if no advice is given for a range of memory. POSIX_MADV_SEQUENTIAL Specifies that the application expects to access the specified range sequentially from lower addresses to higher addresses. POSIX_MADV_RANDOM Specifies that the application expects to access the specified range in a random order. POSIX_MADV_WILLNEED Specifies that the application expects to access the specified range in the near future. POSIX_MADV_DONTNEED Specifies that the application expects that it will not access the specified range in the near future. These values are defined in <sys/mman.h> RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, posix_madvise() returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The posix_madvise() function will fail if: EINVAL The value of advice is invalid. ENOMEM Addresses in the range starting at addr and continuing for len bytes are partly or completely outside the range allowed for the address space of the calling process. The posix_madvise() function may fail if: EINVAL The value of len is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mmap(2), madvise(3C), posix_madvise(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 14 Jul 2008 posix_madvise(3C)