Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Delete route so it does not persist after reboot Post 302820423 by DGPickett on Wednesday 12th of June 2013 03:59:09 PM
Old 06-12-2013
Are you running a router protocol?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Route Adding

I am trying to add a route for an interface on my unix server. The interface is qfe0. How do I type out the route add command. The Normal way is route add 1.1.1.0 1.1.1.1 When I want it to bind to a certain interface how to I enter the command. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hordak
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

trace route ip

hi everybody , i have a solaris 5.6 box and i want to trace the route on an ip i treid traceroute but soalris 5.6 does not support it ... is there a command that can be used equivelent to traceroute ? thanks for your help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disappearing route

I have a route that disappears when the server is rebooted. to get the route back I do: route add 65.x.x.x 10.0.x.x I go to cd /etc/inet vi config and the route is in place Anybody might know what is happening? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrmontg
4 Replies

4. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Route to nowhere?

Hi, HP-UX 11iV2, but it's probably universal (tcp/ip) I have a production and a test server. The test server gets the application updated nightly from the production server software. The application accesses a set of process servers on a separate subnet (192.163.22.30,31,32), but reachable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monroedoug
1 Replies

6. Solaris

route after reboot

Hello, I just added a route in solaris 10 system for host to use gateway. I see that new route in the netstat command Will this stay after reboot or I have to make any provision for this? Please let me know Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
11 Replies

7. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exceed - Session Persist after shutdown

I'm wondering if it is possible to use Exceed as a remote desktop and have my session persist after I close it down (ala VNC Viewer). I find it annoying to always have to reopen my windows and files when I shut it down. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvd7e
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PATH settings don't seem to persist across sessions

I recently installed LaTeX on my linux machine and I attempted to add a directory to the PATH as the instructions say to do. They tell me to give the following command: PATH=/usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/i386-linux:$PATH; export PATH After I do this I can use commands such as "pdflatex" anywhere,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TR5
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Not able to delete the route on one of the server

I try to delete the route on one of the server But I am not able to do it its show the error # route delete 10.1.88.0 10.37.201.33 delete host 10.1.88.0: gateway 10.37.201.33: not in table If I add the route also its shows the error message # route add -net 10.1.88.0 10.37.201.33 add net... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bapu1981
5 Replies
defaultrouter(4)						   File Formats 						  defaultrouter(4)

NAME
defaultrouter - configuration file for default router(s) SYNOPSIS
/etc/defaultrouter DESCRIPTION
The /etc/defaultrouter file specifies a IPv4 host's default router(s). The format of the file is as follows: IP_address ... The /etc/defaultrouter file can contain the IP addresses or hostnames of one or more default routers, with each entry on its own line. If you use hostnames, each hostname must also be listed in the local /etc/hosts file, because no name services are running at the time that defaultrouter is read. Lines beginning with the ``#'' character are treated as comments. The default routes listed in this file replace those added by the kernel during diskless booting. An empty /etc/defaultrouter file will cause the default route added by the kernel to be deleted. Use of a default route, whether received from a DHCP server or from /etc/defaultrouter, prevents a machine from acting as an IPv4 router. You can use routeadm(1M) to override this behavior. FILES
/etc/defaultrouter Configuration file containing the hostnames or IP addresses of one or more default routers. SEE ALSO
in.rdisc(1M), in.routed(1M), routeadm(1M), hosts(4) SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 defaultrouter(4)