Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Restore MySQL backup
Top Forums Web Development Restore MySQL backup Post 302819783 by radoulov on Tuesday 11th of June 2013 11:23:27 AM
Old 06-11-2013
You definitely need to upgrade mysql (mysql_upgrade) if you want to use a newer release with the old datafiles.
You'll always have .idb files (the system tablespace, for example), unless you disable InnoDB completely.
They may or may not be in your <db_name>/ directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX Filesystem backup/restore?

:confused: Hi Guys, I'm not new to UNIX but I am new to HP-UX. I have a proven backup and restore procedue using cpio on Solaris, however, the filesystem structure appears to be different on HP. Can anybody help me with the following questions? 1) What is the best method for performing a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mybeat
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Backup / restore

Hi.... everyone could help me to understand how to do a backup of my servers .. operating systems is sun solaris 8 . I have some question about .... 1) Is better backup phisical disk or partition ??? i sow the command is ufsdump 0cfu /expbck/bcksunver/c0t0d0s5 dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5 to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt155
4 Replies

3. AIX

Backup and restore

I have several H80 machines, all with AIX 4.3.3. On these machines I have mksysb running for rootvg backups and savevg for non-rootvg backups. I'm trying to get a list of files on the tapes, but I can't seem to do it with tar for the mksysb images. I keep getting the directory checksum errors?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uXion
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

F-Backup restore

Hello! i have a blank harddrive and a complete tape backup of the workstation. the backup is made with F-Backup. Now my question is: how can i restore my workstation? thanks for every idea! paul tittel hup-si (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paultittel
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Backup Tape Restore?

I am trying to do a restore on a backup tape (DDS2) and am having a little trouble. For one, I dont know how the tape was made, whether is was tar, cpio, dump..etc. Anyone know how to restore a tape without knowing the format of the backup? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bake255
5 Replies

6. AIX

How to restore from mksysb backup

system is not booting ... i want to restore from mksysb backup. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup/restore scripts

hi people i am in need of some assistance here hoping to star a linux course in january to wanted to get some experiance before starting so got a hold of some old assessments from a mate at college so just working through them in my spare time for the past 8 weeks or so and this is the final ? that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boabbyrab
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup and restore in unix

Hello everybody, i am trying to make a script in UNIX to backup some compressed files to a tape drive. The thing is that i cannot use cpio command because some of these files are greater than 2GB. so i think the only solution left is backup command. to restore the files i should use the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
6 Replies

9. AIX

Backup and restore

Hi experts, i got a question. i have a production server with two Volume Group(VG) which are rootvg and datavg. Both of these VGs are 256 PP SIZE. On Disaster Recovery Server (DR server) contains two empty hardisks for restoring rootvg and datavg from production server. This two hardisks are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Backup / Restore

Hi, I need to back up a RH file system (96G). The files are oracle .dbf format some of which are 5G in size. I know that tar has got a size restriction of 2G so I cannot use this. Can anyone recommend an alternative way of backuping up this FS? I have been looking at dump but this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
6 Replies
PMDAMYSQL(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDAMYSQL(1)

NAME
pmdamysql - MySQL database PMDA DESCRIPTION
pmdamysql is a Performance Co-Pilot PMDA which extracts live performance data from a running MySQL database. INSTALLATION
pmdamysql uses a configuration file from (in this order): o /etc/pcpdbi.conf o $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf This file can contain overridden values (Perl code) for the settings listed at the start of pmdamysql.pl, namely: o database name (see DBI(3) for details) o database user name o database pass word Once this is setup, you can access the names and values for the mysql performance metrics by doing the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Remove pmdamysql is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. Binary Status values in text Some of the status values are in the form of YES/NO or ON/OFF. Since these cannot be intepreted by tools like PMIE, they have been duplicated with a _num extension and the values of 1 (YES/ON) or 0 (NO/OFF). Eg: o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running_num FILES
/etc/pcpdbi.conf configuration file for all PCP database monitors $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf configuration file for pmdamysql $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Install installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Remove undo installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/mysql.log default log file for error messages from pmdamysql SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), pmdadbping.pl(1) and DBI(3). # vi: sw=4 ts=4 et: 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDAMYSQL(1)