Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Display Chinese and Japanese characters on my SLES console. Post 302819305 by DGPickett on Monday 10th of June 2013 03:14:02 PM
Old 06-10-2013
What do you get?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Chinese characters on Sol 2.7

Hi there, I need to get a Chinese disclaimer attached to an email on a Solaris 2.7 box. The disclaimer we use is in English and stored as a text file although I've been asked to see if we can add the Chinsese one? Is it simply just a matter of adding the Chinese locale to the OS or is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hayez
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Chinese characters in Vi editor

Dear All, I have excel files containing Chinese characters. I have a requirement to display the contents of both the English and the Chinese files in the Unix box using the vi editor. But I when I try to open the Chinese files, the characters are junk. Can one of you help me in getting rid of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email a File from UNIX which has Japanese characters in it

Hi, I'm trying to email from UNIX, a file which has Japanese characters in it (i,e. in the contents -- not the filename). The file gets emailed, but the Japanese characters do not show up properly when I open the file on Windows in my Outlook mailbox. I searched a lot of forums but still... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jainkirti
4 Replies

4. Programming

Netbeans ide can't display chinese character in linux

When i write the source code in netbeans environment,if the source code,there are chinese characters,chinese characters will be displayed as box,how to solve this problem?please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fang_xiaoan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect lines beginning with double-byte characters (Japanese) and delete

Greetings, I want to use a script (preferably awk) which determines if the first character in a line is double-byte (as in Japanese or Chinese) and deletes it. For example: (in the above quote, I see Japanese on my screen for two lines - with 2 characters in the first and 3 characters in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubbeauty
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Chinese / Global characters problem

Hello, I have large xml files with chinese characters on a windows box and they need to be FTP'd to UNIX box. When I ftp the file, the chinese text converts to junk characters. I tried changing my setting on putty to UTF-8, but still cannot view the correct text. Is there something I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tokool420
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines with non-chinese characters from xml file

Hi there, I'm looking for a way to remove all lines that don't contain chinese characters from an xml file. Example: http://pastebin.com/8KzSbCKe The result should be like this: http://pastebin.com/ZywXsNhx Only lines that don't contain chinese characters should be deleted. If theres a mix of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: g4rb4g3
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

One simple question: Does RHEL4 support CJK (Chinese, Japanese and Korean)?

Hi, One simple question: Does RHEL4 support CJK (Chinese, Japanese and Korean)? If the answer is yes, then how to implement it? Thank you in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to display Chinese and Japanese Characters on Rhel 6?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to display Chinese and Japanese Characters on my RHEL 6 Console. There is no more "bogl-bterm" for RHEL6, that is not supported anymore. Is there any way that I could display them? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
2 Replies
ZHCON(1)							    User Manual 							  ZHCON(1)

NAME
zhcon - fast CJK console environment for GNU/Linux and BSD SYNOPSIS
zhcon [OPTIONS]... [FILES]... DESCRIPTION
Zhcon is a fast Linux console system which supports framebuffer device. It can display Chinese, Japanese and Korean double byte characters. Supported encodings are: GB2312, GBK, BIG5, JIS and KSC. It can also use input methods (table based) from MS pwin98 and UCDOS for MS-DOS. -h, --help Print help and exit -V, --version Print version and exit --utf8 use iconv filter to convert UTF-8 stream from/to system encoding (default=off) --drv=STRING specify video driver (auto, fb, ggi, vga) (default=`auto') If a program name is given as a command line argument, zhcon will run this program on start instead of a shell, and quit when the program exits. For example: zhcon screen will run screen in zhcon insteal of default user shell. CONFIGURATION FILE
On startup, zhcon first try to load configuration from ~/.zhconrc. If failed, it will use /etc/zhcon.conf by default. The configure file has many options that can be used to control the behavior of zhcon. See the comments in the file for instruction on customizing zhcon. KEY SUMMAY
CTRL_ALT_H: active online help ALT_SPACE: open/close CJK mode CTRL_SPACE: open/close input method ALT_SPACE: show/hide input bar CTRL_,: toggle Full/Half char mode CTRL_.: toggle Chinese symbol CTRL_F1: set encode to GB2312 CTRL_F2: set encode to GBK CTRL_F3: set encode to BIG5 CTRL_F4: set encode to JIS CTRL_F5: set encode to KSCM CTRL_F7: toggle between nativebar and overspot input style CTRL_F9: toggle GB2312/BIG5 auto-detect mode CTRL_F10: menu mode CTRL_ALT_1 - CTRL_ALT_9: switch to input method 1 to 9 CTRL_ALT_0: English mode History mode keys: SHIFT_PAGEUP: scroll up half screen in history SHIFT_PAGEDOWN: scroll down half screen in history SHIFT_ARROWUP: scroll up one line in history SHIFT_ARROWDOWN: scroll down one in history SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/zhcon/README.gz, /usr/share/doc/zhcon/manual.ps.gz. AUTHORS
ejoy <ejoy@users.sourceforge.net> Hu Yong <ccpaging@etang.com> Rick Lei <rick@chinaren.com> This manual page was written by Aron Xu <happyaron.xu@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Fast CJK console environment June 2011 ZHCON(1)