Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Event processing & machine learning in monitoring system Post 302818835 by pyalxx on Sunday 9th of June 2013 01:47:14 PM
Old 06-09-2013
Event processing & machine learning in monitoring system

Hello!
For a couple of years I'm developing an IT infrastructure monitoring system in the research group in my university. And now we would like to use some nontrivial methods in this area.
So, I decided to contact with experienced users on the subject. My questions would be:
Do existing monitoring software give you an ability to deal with server fails efficiently or you use self-written tools? Do you use some special approaches like event prediction or machine learning and do you think it have a feature in this area?
Thank you!

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning UNIX on a Windows 2000 machine?

What is the best way to learn UNIX, shell, and Perl on a Windows 2000 machine? My place of employment uses Solaris and Perl and I would like to learn some UNIX skills on my home PC. I read about "dual boots", "Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX", and "cygwin". What other free options are... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
9 Replies
LWP::Debug(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     LWP::Debug(3)

NAME
LWP::Debug - deprecated DESCRIPTION
LWP::Debug used to provide tracing facilities, but these are not used by LWP any more. The code in this module is kept around (undocumented) so that 3rd party code that happen to use the old interfaces continue to run. One useful feature that LWP::Debug provided (in an imprecise and troublesome way) was network traffic monitoring. The following section provide some hints about recommened replacements. Network traffic monitoring The best way to monitor the network traffic that LWP generates is to use an external TCP monitoring program. The Wireshark program (<http://www.wireshark.org/>) is higly recommended for this. Another approach it to use a debugging HTTP proxy server and make LWP direct all its traffic via this one. Call "$ua->proxy" to set it up and then just use LWP as before. For less precise monitoring needs just setting up a few simple handlers might do. The following example sets up handlers to dump the request and response objects that pass through LWP: use LWP::UserAgent; $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new; $ua->default_header('Accept-Encoding' => scalar HTTP::Message::decodable()); $ua->add_handler("request_send", sub { shift->dump; return }); $ua->add_handler("response_done", sub { shift->dump; return }); $ua->get("http://www.example.com"); SEE ALSO
LWP::UserAgent perl v5.16.2 2012-01-13 LWP::Debug(3)