Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 11 disk issue
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 disk issue Post 302818539 by cbtshare on Friday 7th of June 2013 05:05:00 PM
Old 06-07-2013
@GP81

Yes, as I said in my previous post, I was able to create the pool again, and it is now online. I can destroy the pool again and then be able to access the disk, but still am stuck at how to partition the disk.

Yes, I used fdisk subcommand, this is the disk after I created a label:
Code:
 Total disk size is 9725 cylinders
             Cylinder size is 16065 (512 byte) blocks

Cylinders
      Partition   Status    Type          Start   End   Length    %
      =========   ======    ============  =====   ===   ======   ===
          1                 EFI               0  9725    9726    100

I want to know how can I create a couple partitions.

Last edited by Scott; 06-07-2013 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 disk/mirroring issue

Hello! I recently inherited system administration duties for a SUN v880 box. The system has 6 physical hard disks.. In doing some basic maintenance, I found they're configured for mirroring. I ran the metastat and metadb commands, and many of the mirrors are showing they are in need of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghuber
5 Replies

2. AIX

disk issue

Hi, I have a AIX 4.3 box here with problems cause of a disk in below VG. volume group: workvg lspv hdisk4 000166789869ab2d workvg hdisk5 000166789869b96b workvg now hdisk4 disk has failed and cause the quorum was set, workvg became varied off. I have to replace the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk Mirror in Solaris 9 via Solaris Volume Manager

Hello, I am trying to do mirror in solaris 9. I have total 0-7 disks 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 Drive 0 and Drive 4 = Boot Drives Need to Mirror following drives. Drive 1 and Drive 5 = Need to mirror Drive 1 was mounted on: /prod1, /prod2, /prod3, /prod4, /prod5. Then i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

partition disk issue

hi guys, I've got a strange issue, may be one of you has experienced this. SunOS 5.10 Generic_118833-33 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 everything is mirrored. My issue is that I have a umpty directory but seems to have data on. Let me show you # df -h /data Filesystem size used... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moustik
10 Replies

5. AIX

Disk I/O Issue

We have a filesystem which contains 8 hard disks but i am facing disk I/O issue becuase data is not spreading across all the disks.Is there any way i can check how data is spreading and any parameter we need to change to spread ata across all disks. OS--AIX 5.3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
3 Replies

6. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 installation issue Error 25: Disk cannot be read - Solved

Hi all, I guess most of you have seen this error message while installing Solaris 10 on an x86 platform. I got the error message while installing from DVD ISO on my home VMWare ESXi server. It took me a long time to figure the exact issue and a subsequent solution. the solution is very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% / ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Server disk issue need help

Hello all, Our Solaris 9? Sun Fire 480R backup server(in another city) is throwing disk errors such as these repeatedly. WARNING: vxvm:vxio: Subdisk rootdisk-02 block 24037056: Uncorrectable read error WARNING: vxvm:vxio: Subdisk rootdisk-02 block 7767072: Uncorrectable write error ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: RyanV
18 Replies
vximportdg(1M)															    vximportdg(1M)

NAME
vximportdg - import a disk group into the Veritas Volume Manager configuration SYNOPSIS
vximportdg daname new_dgname DESCRIPTION
The vximportdg utility performs a temporary import of the disk group contained on the disk device specified by daname to the disk group specified by new_dgname. As the persistent disk group information is not changed within the private partition of the affected disk, the import is only valid for the duration of the bootload or until a vxdg deport is performed. ARGUMENTS
daname Specifies the device name (disk access name) of one of the member disks of the disk group to be imported. The other members are imported automatically. new_dgname Specifies the disk group to be imported. USAGE
One reason to use the vximportdg utility is to import a second generation of the rootdg disk group so that its objects are available for use while a system is running on a different rootdg. To prevent volumes on the second generation rootdg from having the same device minor numbers as volumes (such as rootvol) on the active rootdg, the importation assigns temporary non-conflicting device minor numbers. If this occurs, vximportdg outputs warning messages detailing the mapping of the minor numbers. SEE ALSO
vxdg(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vximportdg(1M)