Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Display Chinese and Japanese characters on my SLES console. Post 302817959 by pjeedu2247 on Thursday 6th of June 2013 04:53:58 PM
Old 06-06-2013
I tired but it doesn't work Smilie

Any other options?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Chinese characters on Sol 2.7

Hi there, I need to get a Chinese disclaimer attached to an email on a Solaris 2.7 box. The disclaimer we use is in English and stored as a text file although I've been asked to see if we can add the Chinsese one? Is it simply just a matter of adding the Chinese locale to the OS or is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hayez
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Chinese characters in Vi editor

Dear All, I have excel files containing Chinese characters. I have a requirement to display the contents of both the English and the Chinese files in the Unix box using the vi editor. But I when I try to open the Chinese files, the characters are junk. Can one of you help me in getting rid of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email a File from UNIX which has Japanese characters in it

Hi, I'm trying to email from UNIX, a file which has Japanese characters in it (i,e. in the contents -- not the filename). The file gets emailed, but the Japanese characters do not show up properly when I open the file on Windows in my Outlook mailbox. I searched a lot of forums but still... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jainkirti
4 Replies

4. Programming

Netbeans ide can't display chinese character in linux

When i write the source code in netbeans environment,if the source code,there are chinese characters,chinese characters will be displayed as box,how to solve this problem?please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fang_xiaoan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect lines beginning with double-byte characters (Japanese) and delete

Greetings, I want to use a script (preferably awk) which determines if the first character in a line is double-byte (as in Japanese or Chinese) and deletes it. For example: (in the above quote, I see Japanese on my screen for two lines - with 2 characters in the first and 3 characters in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubbeauty
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Chinese / Global characters problem

Hello, I have large xml files with chinese characters on a windows box and they need to be FTP'd to UNIX box. When I ftp the file, the chinese text converts to junk characters. I tried changing my setting on putty to UTF-8, but still cannot view the correct text. Is there something I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tokool420
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines with non-chinese characters from xml file

Hi there, I'm looking for a way to remove all lines that don't contain chinese characters from an xml file. Example: http://pastebin.com/8KzSbCKe The result should be like this: http://pastebin.com/ZywXsNhx Only lines that don't contain chinese characters should be deleted. If theres a mix of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: g4rb4g3
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

One simple question: Does RHEL4 support CJK (Chinese, Japanese and Korean)?

Hi, One simple question: Does RHEL4 support CJK (Chinese, Japanese and Korean)? If the answer is yes, then how to implement it? Thank you in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to display Chinese and Japanese Characters on Rhel 6?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to display Chinese and Japanese Characters on my RHEL 6 Console. There is no more "bogl-bterm" for RHEL6, that is not supported anymore. Is there any way that I could display them? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
2 Replies
WAEI(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   WAEI(1)

NAME
waei - Japanese-English dictionary SYNOPSIS
waei [options] pattern... DESCRIPTION
A dictionary program for Japanese-English translation. This is the console version of gwaei. OPTIONS
-n, --ncurses Open up the multisearch window -e, --exact Do not display less relevant results -d, --dictionary name Search using a chosen dictionary -l, --list Show available dictionaries for searches/install/uninstall -i, --install dictionary Install dictionary -u, --uninstall dictionary Uninstall dictionary -v, --version Check the waei version info -q, --quiet Display less information -c, --color Display results with color -h, --help Display help SEE ALSO
gwaei(1) AUTHOR
gwaei was written by Zachary Dovel <pizzach@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Asumu Takikawa <asumu@simplyrobot.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). July 13, 2009 WAEI(1)