Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looking for an alternative to Tcl Post 302816379 by Corona688 on Monday 3rd of June 2013 06:29:06 PM
Old 06-03-2013
Perhaps you can build TCL locally, and just keep it in your own folders.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk (or an alternative)

Hi, I'm trying to echo a variable that has values separated by colons, putting each value on a new line. So as an example, a variable I might have would contain: My name is Earl:My name is Dorothy:My name is Bernard: And I want the output: My name is Earl My name is Dorothy My name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaeltravisuk
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

alternative for mailx

hi i am struggling with mailx command, my command is mailx -a attachment.txt -s "hi this is subject " my_name@domain.com (Interrupt -- one more to kill letter) the control doesn't comes out automatically, i have to press CTRL + C .. why is it happening so ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achneaz1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative to grep

How to find a particular line in a file without using grep? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative for wc -l

Hi techies .. This is my first posting hr .. Am facing a serious performance problem in counting the number of lines in the file. The input files i get will be in some 10 to 15 Gb of size or even sometimes more ..and I will load it to db I have used wc -l to confirm whether the loader... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_2383
14 Replies

5. Solaris

vi alternative

Is there any other editor, installed by 'default' in Sparc Solaris10, besides vi? I'd like to avoid installing anything new. If not, how to make vi more user-friendly? thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative for goto

#!/bin/sh label: echo sql poll v=`sqlplus -s <<! HR/HR set pages 0 echo off feed off select distinct status from emp where id=5; ! ` echo $v; echo it comes here after false if then echo if condition true sqlplus -l scott/tiger <<EOF select * from department; EXIT (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaar1986
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts alternative

Hi, Does anyone have an example of parsing command line arguments similar to how getopts parse command line arguments? I am looking at a getopts alternative because I want to have the same parsing on the subroutine/function in the script. For example, I want to be able to do test.ksh -p 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with grep, or alternative

say I have a big list of something like: sdg2000 weghre10 fewg53 gwg99 jwegwejjwej43 afg10293 I want to remove the numbers of any line that has letters + 1 to 4 numbers output: sdg weghre fewg gwg jwegwejjwej afg10293 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siwon
7 Replies
INN::Config(3pm)					    InterNetNews Documentation						  INN::Config(3pm)

NAME
Config.pm - Export all the variables an INN Perl script might need DESCRIPTION
This Perl module sets up any and all the variables that an INN Perl script might need. More particularly, it allows to use inn.conf variables: they are all provided by innconfval, as well as the version of INN (in the variable $INN::Config::version). Other useful variables are also provided (directories, files, programs, masks, parameters) and you should have a look at the source code of the module to see what you can use in your Perl scripts. You only have to declare the module at the beginning of them: use lib '<pathnews>/lib/perl'; use INN::Config; Then, you can for instance use: print $INN::Config::localmaxartsize; to print the value of localmaxartsize as it is set in inn.conf. You can also specify a version when you import the module. If you write: use INN::Config 2.5.0; only versions of INN superior to 2.5.0 will be able to run the Perl script. It is also possible to import the variables directly in your namespace if you specify what you want to import: use INN::Config qw($localmaxartsize $pathbin); Note that a legacy innshellvars.pl is also provided in pathnews/lib for compatibility reasons with old Perl scripts not shipped with INN. It was used by versions of INN anterior to 2.5.0. The corresponding scripts for Shell and Tcl are, however, still in use: innshellvars and innshellvars.tcl. They offer the same capabilities as this module. HISTORY
innshellvars.pl was written by James Brister <brister@vix.com> for InterNetNews in 1996. It was converted to the INN::Config Perl module by Julien Elie in 2007. $Id: Config.pm.in 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
inn.conf(5), innconfval(1), perl(1). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 INN::Config(3pm)