Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE /etc/profile and cntlm question Post 302806785 by DGPickett on Monday 13th of May 2013 04:42:26 PM
Old 05-13-2013
Daemons for all users to use are started under root at boot, e.g., : Man Page for RC (all Section 8) - The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why i have local.profile, local.cshrc,local.login instead of .profile, .login ?

Hello again ! Thanks for response of my first question. there is my second quesiton why i have local.profile instead of .profile file ? my all files in pwd shoes local. before any file. is anybody can tell me about that ? Thanks Abid Malik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. SCO

Difference between .profile and .~/.profile

what is the difference between these two lines, if we use it in korn shell script: .profile .~/.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maneesh mehta
3 Replies

4. AIX

Changing user profile - Newbie question

Hi guys, I am very very new to AIX, (actually today I entered an AIX server for the first time), but I have worked with Solaris a little bit in the past. Today when I entered the system, the first thing I realized is that there was no "/home/" directory created, and instead it took me to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panchopp
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I read about the difference between "..profile" and ".profile"

Hi I know from reading O Riley's Classic Shell Scripting' that the .profile file is " the shells configuration file" but I am unable to find a reference to what "..profile" means. I have searched on the net, Sams Teach Yourself Unix, Unix Visual Quickstart Guide and Linux in a Nutshell. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrokan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$ . ./.profile

Could anyone explain what the following command means: $ . ./.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MikeBigjohn
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between /etc/profile and .profile?

What is the difference between /etc/profile and .profile? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on .profile login script

Hey everyone, I'am a little new here and experincing Unix for the first time. I was wondering if somone could help me with this question i'am a bit stuck on Looking at the content of .profile login script The .profile file is in your login directory. It is a startup script file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: worldsoutro
1 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

bash profile question

Hello, I'm new to RHEL and I was wondering where the prompt setup is from? This what it looks like: # I like this setup but I would like to add some color to it. I looked in the .profile, .bash_profile and .bashrc. I don't see anything in these files that give me the above prompt. So I looked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
2 Replies
SABAYON-APPLY(8)														  SABAYON-APPLY(8)

NAME
sabayon-apply - Apply a sabayon profile to a user. SYNOPSIS
sabayon-apply DESCRIPTION
sabayon-apply is a tool to apply a profile created with sabayon . It is typically run as part of the Xsession login scripts. OPTIONS
profile If a profile is manually specified on the command line, that profile mapping will take precedence above the ones in users.xml or groups.xml FILES
/etc/sabayon/users.xml XML file that maps userids to profile mappings /etc/sabayon/groups.xml XML file that maps userids to profile mappings /etc/sabayon/sabayon-debug-log.conf Config file for logging options. /etc/sabayon/profiles/ Directory where profiles are stored. RESOURCES
http://live.gnome.org/Sabayon COPYING
Copyright (C) 2007 GNOME Sabayon authors This program is Free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA 28/12/2009 SABAYON-APPLY(8)