Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To read timestamp and count from a line Post 302806091 by hanson44 on Sunday 12th of May 2013 01:03:08 PM
Old 05-12-2013
Code:
$ sed -n -e "s/Date and Time: \(.*\) MST/\1/p" -e "s/Number of Records: *//p" input
2013-05-11 12:23:12

This User Gave Thanks to hanson44 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to count number of ~ from each line and compare with next line

Hi, I have created one shell script in which it will count number of "~" tilda charactors from each line of the file.But the problem is that i need to count each line count individually, that means. if line one contains 14 "~"s and line two contains 15 "~"s then it should give an error msg.each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Khandare
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the contents of two files line by line and compare the line by line?

Hi All, I'm trying to figure out which are the trusted-ips and which are not using a script file.. I have a file named 'ip-list.txt' which contains some ip addresses and another file named 'trusted-ip-list.txt' which also contains some ip addresses. I want to read a line from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read directories sequential based on timestamp

Hi, I have a directory structure like below Directoryname create time d1 12:00 d2 12:05 d3 12:08 I want to read the directories based on timestamp.That is oldest directory must be read first and kick off certain process. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read timestamp from a line

I have a situation like, I have to read only the timestamp value from a line. ex: Date and Time : 2013-05-11 12:12:34 MST I cut the 'Date and Time' but unable to remove MST part. I need a script to use in Datastage job. can you guys help me with that Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read and write last modified timestamp to files?

Need help reading file last modified date in format: Filename (relative path);YYYYMMDDHHMMSS And then write it back. My idea is to backup it to a text file to restore later. Checked this command but does not work: Getting the Last Modification Timestamp of a File with Stat $ stat -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 header count with file2 line count

What I'm trying to accomplish. I receive a Header and Detail file for daily processing. The detail file comes first which holds data, the header is a receipt of the detail file and has the detail files record count. Before processing the detail file I would like to put a wrapper around another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pone2332
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the pipes "|" in line and delete line if count greter then number.

Hello, I have been working on Awk/sed one liner which counts the number of occurrences of '|' in pipe separated lines of file and delete the line from files if count exceeds "17". i.e need to get records having exact 17 pipe separated fields(no more or less) currently i have below : awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies
UPSC(8) 							    NUT Manual								   UPSC(8)

NAME
upsc - example lightweight UPS client SYNOPSIS
upsc -l | -L [host] upsc ups [variable] upsc -c ups DESCRIPTION
upsc is provided as a quick way to poll the status of a UPS server. It can be used inside shell scripts and other programs that need UPS data but don't want to include the full interface. OPTIONS
-l host List all UPS names configured at host, one name per line. The hostname defaults to "localhost". You may optionally add a colon and a port number. -L host As above, list all UPS names configured at host, including their description provided by the remote upsd(8) from ups.conf(5). The hostname defaults to "localhost". You may optionally add a colon and a port number to override the default port. -c ups Lists each client connected on ups, one name per line. ups Display the status of that UPS. The format for this option is upsname[@hostname[:port]]. The default hostname is "localhost". variable Display the value of this variable only. By default, upsc retrieves the list of variables from the server and then displays the value for each. This may be useful in shell scripts to save an additional pipe into grep. EXAMPLES
To list all variables on an UPS named "myups" on a host called "mybox", with upsd(8) running on port 1234: $ upsc myups@mybox:1234 battery.charge: 100.0 battery.voltage: 13.9 battery.voltage.nominal: 13.6 . . . To list the UPSes configured on this system, along with their descriptions: $ upsc -L apc: Back-UPS 500 ppro2: Patriot Pro II To retrieve the status for all UPSes connected to mybox, using Bourne-shell syntax: $ for UPS in `upsc -l mybox:1234`; do upsc $UPS ups.status done To list clients connected on "myups": $ upsc -c myups 127.0.0.1 ::1 192.168.1.2 DIAGNOSTICS
upsc will either print a list of UPS names, a list of all supported variables and their values on the UPS, or an error message. If you receive an error, make sure you have specified a valid UPS on the command line, that upsd(8) is really running on the other host and that no firewalls are blocking you. HISTORY
Earlier versions of this program used the upsfetch library and UDP sockets to talk to upsd. This version of upsc uses the new upsclient library, which only talks TCP. This is why upsct no longer exists. SEE ALSO
upsd(8) INTERNET RESOURCES
The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 UPSC(8)