Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash, remove numbers after colon Post 302806089 by 3therk1ll on Sunday 12th of May 2013 01:01:47 PM
Old 05-12-2013
Yeah I just meant a text file such as the one in my first post.
Cheers for the help guys.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove all lines with something other than numbers

Hi, How would I get rid of lines having something else than numbers (such as tabs,white space, special characters, empty line, letters). So I have big file with numers as follows: 12345678901 23456789012 32343678901 42345638901 52345678901 and I sometimes the file might contain some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove a colon and number and leaving the rest

just have a file 1:2333 2:-09393 ]3:45453 4:-09999 5:-09933 6:93939 question is to get output by removing colons as well as number before each colon (in bold) 2333 -09393 45453 -09999 09933 93939 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove numbers from filename

Hi all, Can I edit this script: find . -type f | while read i;do && mv "$i" "${i//abc/}" ;done so that it will not only take out abc from the filename but also take out any numbers that might be in the filename as well. An example would be, Input: filename abc 2009.mov Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monkey Dean
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove the numbers

How can I remove the numeric (1,2,3,4,5,etc.) in front of each line? The file look like this.. 1CREATE OR REPLACE pROD (p_sc_id number, 2 p_snap_id number , p_sid number, p_halt varchar2 default 'N', p_a_nm varchar2 ) 3 as 4 v_rtn number; 5 6 v_rtn... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash aliases and command chaining with ; (semi-colon)

What am I doing wrong here? Or is this not possible? A bug? alias f='find . >found 2>/dev/null &' f ; sleep 20 ; ls -l -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `;' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: star_man
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove char after Colon

Hi guys, This is my input 2735:<7001> 34 789 701 2 2774:<7001> 34 789 701 2 How to delete characters after colon : Including colon : too ? My output should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Numbers from file

I have a file that has some text that looks like this Some Text 1. More text 2. Different text Final Text I would like the remove the lines of text that start with the numbers. Some Text Final Text I have tried to use cat file.txt | grep -Ev 1. >... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: icculus99
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort numbers which has colon (:) in between

Although i tried multiple option i couldn't find a way to get the rigt ouput. Say i have the following data cat file.txt C request C response C request C response The output should look like (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove numbers

how to remove all numbers from this.Using sed command 1. abcd123 2. 312jjs33 (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash to remove find and remove specific extension

The bash below executes and does find all the .bam files in each R_2019 folder. However set -x shows that the .bam extension only gets removed from one .bam file in each folder (appears to be the last in each). Why is it not removing the extension from each (this is $SAMPLE)? Thank you :). set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
MHMAIL(1)                                                            [nmh-1.5]                                                           MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)