Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE /etc/profile and cntlm question Post 302805965 by mhahe on Sunday 12th of May 2013 12:26:58 AM
Old 05-12-2013
/etc/profile and cntlm question

I'm working behind a windows proxy server which requires ntlm. I configured cntlm and it works great as long as i manually run it as root. I tried putting it in /etc/profile and it doesn't run. any thoughts on how to make it run on system boot? thanks in advance, regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why i have local.profile, local.cshrc,local.login instead of .profile, .login ?

Hello again ! Thanks for response of my first question. there is my second quesiton why i have local.profile instead of .profile file ? my all files in pwd shoes local. before any file. is anybody can tell me about that ? Thanks Abid Malik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. SCO

Difference between .profile and .~/.profile

what is the difference between these two lines, if we use it in korn shell script: .profile .~/.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maneesh mehta
3 Replies

4. AIX

Changing user profile - Newbie question

Hi guys, I am very very new to AIX, (actually today I entered an AIX server for the first time), but I have worked with Solaris a little bit in the past. Today when I entered the system, the first thing I realized is that there was no "/home/" directory created, and instead it took me to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panchopp
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I read about the difference between "..profile" and ".profile"

Hi I know from reading O Riley's Classic Shell Scripting' that the .profile file is " the shells configuration file" but I am unable to find a reference to what "..profile" means. I have searched on the net, Sams Teach Yourself Unix, Unix Visual Quickstart Guide and Linux in a Nutshell. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrokan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$ . ./.profile

Could anyone explain what the following command means: $ . ./.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MikeBigjohn
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between /etc/profile and .profile?

What is the difference between /etc/profile and .profile? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on .profile login script

Hey everyone, I'am a little new here and experincing Unix for the first time. I was wondering if somone could help me with this question i'am a bit stuck on Looking at the content of .profile login script The .profile file is in your login directory. It is a startup script file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: worldsoutro
1 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

bash profile question

Hello, I'm new to RHEL and I was wondering where the prompt setup is from? This what it looks like: # I like this setup but I would like to add some color to it. I looked in the .profile, .bash_profile and .bashrc. I don't see anything in these files that give me the above prompt. So I looked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
2 Replies
run(1F) 							   FMLI Commands							   run(1F)

NAME
run - run an executable SYNOPSIS
run [ -s] [-e] [-n] [-t string] program DESCRIPTION
The run command runs program, using the PATH variable to find it. By default, when program has completed, the user is prompted (Press ENTER to continue:), before being returned to FMLI. The argument program is a system executable followed by its options (if any). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -e If -e is specified, the user will be prompted before returning to FMLI only if there is an error condition -n If -n is specified, the user will never be prompted before returning to FMLI (useful for programs like vi, in which the user must do some specific action to exit in the first place). -s The -s option means "silent", implying that the screen will not have to be repainted when program has completed. Note that the -s option should only be used when program does not write to the terminal. In addition, when -s is used, program cannot be interrupted, even if it recognizes interrupts. -tstring If -t is specified, string is the name this process will have in the pop-up menu generated by the frm-list command. This feature requires the executable facesuspend (see face(1)) to suspend the process and return to the FMLI appli- cation. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output of run command Here is a menu that uses run: menu="Edit special System files" name="Password file" action=`run -e vi /etc/passwd` name="Group file" action=`run -e vi /etc/group` name="My .profile" action=`run -n vi $HOME/.profile` ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
face(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Nov 1999 run(1F)