Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LPAR CPU capacity planning
Operating Systems AIX LPAR CPU capacity planning Post 302804709 by MichaelFelt on Thursday 9th of May 2013 05:08:30 AM
Old 05-09-2013
Well, I will try and write it again. Trying to answer something complex just before dinner is poor timing. And this is complex stuff. I travel all around Europe to look at systems and explain how to modify configurations to increase overall system utilization. - read - not an easy subject for a forum - a "whitepaper" and/or a presentation is better.

However, read the man page and/or google on lbusy. The IBM infocenter should at least say something.

Also look at physc (which is actually a count of the msec used (/10), not the actual # of (virtual) processors used.

For your specific question I would like to ask you to look at the output of sar -P ALL - and see if it already answered for you.

Post your remaining questions, also include what this is for (if I understand your objective I can give a better answer, otherwise it tends to become technical (nerdy) mumbo-jumbo).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Planning for DR, I have to collect information

Dear All, We are going for Disaster Recovery project, the vendor asked for more details about how much is the daily data changes only. using sar / iostat can any one help me to collect this ?! Note: only I need the changed data size not the daily increasing data. this is to know how much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adel8483
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Planning to be certified , your advice?

Hi, I got 2 courses Intermediate and advanced Solaris 10 Administration before 1 month. I was studying the material of the 1st course I will finish it soon. I want to get the Exam. What is your advice? Which is the best Exam Quastion ( Testking or ,,,,,,,, Etc) .... Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adel8483
1 Replies

3. AIX

capacity planning on aix

Hi All, What do you usually use for capacity planning on AIX? Any idea will do? Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. Solaris

tools for capacity planning

Hi All, What do you usually use for capacity planning tool on solaris 8 or later? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

5. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies

7. AIX

FS capacity

can anyone tell me how to reduce Fs capacity by using echo zero. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkchand
3 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic -- quiz on simple arithmetic SYNOPSIS
arithmetic [-o +-x/] [-r range] DESCRIPTION
arithmetic asks you to solve problems in simple arithmetic. Each question must be answered correctly before going on to the next. After every 20 problems, it prints the score so far and the time taken. You can quit at any time by typing the interrupt or end-of-file character. The options are as follows: -o By default, arithmetic asks questions on addition of numbers from 0 to 10, and corresponding subtraction. By supplying one or more of the characters +-x/, you can ask for problems in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, respectively. If you give one of these characters more than once, that kind of problem will be asked correspondingly more often. -r If a range is supplied, arithmetic selects the numbers in its problems in the following way. For addition and multiplication, the numbers to be added or multiplied are between 0 and range, inclusive. For subtraction and division, both the required result and the number to divide by or subtract will be between 0 and range. (Of course, arithmetic will not ask you to divide by 0.) The default range is 10. When you get a problem wrong, arithmetic will remember the numbers involved, and will tend to select those numbers more often than others, in problems of the same sort. Eventually it will forgive and forget. arithmetic cannot be persuaded to tell you the right answer. You must work it out for yourself. DIAGNOSTICS
``What?'' if you get a question wrong. ``Right!'' if you get it right. ``Please type a number.'' if arithmetic doesn't understand what you typed. SEE ALSO
bc(1), dc(1) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD