Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with find and copy
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with find and copy Post 302803945 by vikatakavi on Tuesday 7th of May 2013 05:26:25 PM
Old 05-07-2013
Wrench Help with find and copy

Hi ,

As i am a dummy in shell scripting ,i was trying to find the files which are created today and hold them in variable and the copy them to a location using a partcular command this is what did. can any one help.There may be many files under the path

Code:
SOURCE=/path/to/files/
A= find $SOURCE/* -type f -mtime -1
hadoop fs -copyFromLocal $A /user/path/

can any one tweek the above code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HOw to find and copy

Hi, I need to find files in a directory, between dates like 4/15/06 and 5/02/06, and copy them to a different directory. Is there a way to doa find and a copy together? Thanks, Neil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaajohnson
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to help to find and copy to a file

I am trying to search for files and copy them into a text file. Can anybody help me how to do that. find /test/sds/data -name "*.*" -mtime -365 -exec ls -altr {} \ this is my find command and want to copy the result to a file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pujars1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Find All/Copy Script

Hi Gang, I am an old unix user and just recently returned in the flavor of a Mac. I have tons of pictures in the .orf format and would like to write a script to: Search the Hard drives for that file type Then, depending on date, copy it to a specific folder If there is an exact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlfx
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find and copy files from one directory to another

Ok i have three directories Destination - /u/dir1 (has subdirectories dir2 which also has subdirectory dir3) Source1 - /u/test/files/dir1/dir2/dir3 Source2 - /u/out/images/dir1/dir2/dir3 What i would like to do is copy everything from Source1 and Source2 into the Destination directory.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy25
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files and then copy them to another

I must write any shell script. I want find files which have .txt extension and then copy them to other, whithout this extension, for example: I found linux.out.txt file, and now it must be copy to new, linux.out. So: linux.out.txt -> linux.out ubuntu.config.txt -> ubuntu.config ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: piespluto
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with find and copy command

I entered the following command find . -type f \( -newer startdate -a ! -newer enddate \) -exec cp tmp {} \; I got the following error: cp: 0653-436 tmp is a directory. Specify -r or -R to copy. What's happening here? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and copy

> Advice please as much as possible to fill in large file in various folder to the server > Folder structure /www/1.org/htdocs /www/2.org/htdocs /www/3.org/htdocs > Can tell me there is a way to fill in large file into htdocs, and then climb > In each Diru and load for a long time. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lol100
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and copy these files to particular directory

RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.4 I have some files with the extension .cdp in several directories in various mountpoints(filesystems) . I would like to find and copy all these files into a single directory /u03/diagnore/data. How can I do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls to find to copy

I am looking to do the following: In a folder with multiple files in it, take the listing (ls) and search another directory for there file names, then take that output and copy the files out. This is to update a webpage. So a dev writes a new file and puts it in an update folder then i copy... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darbs121
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Copy Directories ONLY

I am trying to copy only the date specific folders/directories using the following command. However, the following copy command is also copying files from the root folder (OriginalFolder). find /OriginalFolder/ -type -d \{ -mtime 1 -o -mtime 2 \ } -exec cp -R {} /CopyTo/'hostname'__CopyTo/ \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apacheLinux
2 Replies
SVN-BISECT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     SVN-BISECT(1)

NAME
svn-bisect - Bisect Subversion revisions to find a regression SYNOPSIS
svn-bisect start [good_rev [bad_rev]] svn-bisect {good|bad} [rev] svn-bisect run command svn-bisect reset svn-bisect status DESCRIPTION
svn-bisect helps to automate finding a bug or behavior change in a Subversion working copy. Given an initial "good" revision, with the desired or original behavior, and a newer "bad" revision, with the undesired or modified behavior, svn-bisect will do a binary search through the revision range to find which revision caused the change. svn-bisect must be initialized in a working copy, with svn-bisect start. It also needs to be given at least one good revision (the base- line) and one bad revision (known modified behavior) revision. Sub-commands: start Initializes or reinitializes svn-bisect; optionally takes good and bad revision parameters. good rev bad rev Tells svn-bisect that a revision is good or bad, defining or narrowing the search space. If not specified, revision defaults to the current revision in the working copy. svn-bisect will then update to a revision halfway between the new good and bad boundaries. If this update crosses a point where a branch was created, it switches in or out of the branch. reset Resets the working copy to the revision and branch where svn-bisect start was run. In the simple case this is equivalent to rm -r .svn-bisect; svn update, but not if it has crossed branches, and not if you did not start at the HEAD revision. In any case, svn-bisect never keeps track of mixed-revision working copies, so do not use svn-bisect in a working copy that will need to be restored to mixed revisions. status Prints a brief status message. run command Runs the bisection in a loop. You must have already defined initial good and bad boundary conditions. Each iteration through the loop runs command as a shell command (a single argument, quoted if necessary) on the chosen revision, then marks the revision as good or bad, based on the exit status of command. EXAMPLES
Assume you are trying to find which revision between 1250 and 1400 caused the make check command to fail. svn-bisect start 1250 1400 svn-bisect run 'make check' svn-bisect reset ENVIRONMENT
SVN The Subversion command-line program to call (default svn). FILES
.svn-bisect The directory containing state information, removed after a successful bisection. SEE ALSO
git-bisect(1). AUTHOR
Written by Robert Millan and Peter Samuelson, for the Debian Project (but may be used by others). 2009-10-22 SVN-BISECT(1)