Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5? Post 302800071 by RHCE on Monday 29th of April 2013 12:45:45 AM
Old 04-29-2013
Hi,

Thanks but an example with the complete steps could help.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure DNS

My OS is sun solaris7,(sun sparc),i want connect inernet and my computer in my company intranet.After i configure proxy server,i still can't conncet internet.I guess whether the DNS is configured correctly. who can help me???Thank you very much!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
6 Replies

2. IP Networking

Configure DNS

I am running Solaris 2.6 Server on a Sparc 10 and I was wondering how I can manually specify a DNS server to resolve hostnames. Any help will be greatly appreciated. And also I have created a file in the /etc dir named defaultrouter and added th IP address of my router, but when I ping another... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jskillet
15 Replies

3. Ubuntu

How to configure YUM in RHEL 4.0

Hi guys Can anyone assist me how to configure YUM in RHEL4.0. and from where i can get the YUM package for RHEL4.0. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Who can give me a document for configure nagios on RHEL 5

Who can give me a document for configure nagios on RHEL 5,thanks . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhengsenlin
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

configure dns in centos

Hi, how do I set the DNS in centos. I don't mean of creating DNS server, but setting what should be the DNS server of centos. I mean to what server he should go in order to translate url into ip (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL 6.0 net configuration

hello, I have installed RHEL 6.0 on my lappy in a separate partion with windows 7 on the hardware(not using VMWARE).Now kindly help me to active network configuration in that?????Is it require to have LINUX wireless drivers???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dillipkmrpadhy
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to configure vnc on RHEL 6.1?

i am first time using RHEL 6.1 i have to configure vnc on this server to access desktop remotely for this server. i installed these rpm : rpm -ivh VNC-Server-5.0.3-Linux-x64.rpm rpm -ivh VNC-Viewer-5.0.3-Linux-x64.rpm there is no directory /etc/sysconfig/vncserver in RHEL 6 as it was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

RIP configuration in RHEL 6.3

Hi, Can someone please help me configuring RIP (Routing Information Protocol v2 ). I have tried few manuals and posts from networking sites and i didnt get a clear picture. This is what i have done: 1. Installed routed package and started routed service. however, Dynamic routes are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddybs
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Configure DNS in rhel6.3

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: cant configure dns in virtual box. im using rhel6.3. i have a cd containing rhel which the professor provided us.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpmacaspac
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Snmptrapd configuration on rhel 8

I need to configure snmptrap on rhel 8 server and send trap to nimsoft for file system , memory and cpu load and network diconnection status. please help me, if any one configured. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yash_message
1 Replies
iwidgets::feedback(1)						  [incr Widgets]					     iwidgets::feedback(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
iwidgets::feedback - Create and manipulate a feedback widget to display feedback on the current status of an ongoing operation to the user. SYNOPSIS
iwidgets::feedback pathName ?options? INHERITANCE
itk::Widget <- iwidgets::Labeledwidget <- iwidgets::Feedback STANDARD OPTIONS
background cursor foreground highlightColor highlightThickness See the "options" manual entry for details on the standard options. INHERITED OPTIONS
labelBitmap labelFont labelImage labelMargin labelPos labelText labelVariable sticky See the "labeledwidget" class manual entry for details on the inherited options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS Name: barcolor Class: BarColor Command-Line Switch: -barcolor Specifies the color of the status bar, in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetColor. The default is DodgerBlue. Name: barheight Class: BarHeight Command-Line Switch: -barheight Specifies the height of the status bar, in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetPixels. The default is 20. Name: troughColor Class: TroughColor Command-Line Switch: -troughcolor Specifies the color of the frame in which the status bar sits, in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetColor. The default is white. Name: steps Class: Steps Command-Line Switch: -steps Specifies the total number of steps for the status bar. The default is 10. DESCRIPTION
The iwidgets::feedback command creates a widget to display feedback on the current status of an ongoing operation to the user. Display is given as a percentage and as a thermometer type bar. Options exist for adding a label and controlling its position. METHODS
The iwidgets::feedback command creates a new Tcl command whose name is pathName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form: pathName option ?arg arg ...? Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the com- mand. The following commands are possible for scrolledtext widgets: WIDGET-SPECIFIC METHODS pathName cget option Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the scrolled- html command. pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...? Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwidgets::feedback command. pathName reset Reset the current number of steps completed to 0, and configures the percentage complete label text to 0% pathName step ?inc? Increase the current number of steps completed by the amount specified by inc. Inc defaults to 1. EXAMPLE
package require Iwidgets 4.0 iwidgets::feedback .fb -labeltext "Status" -steps 20 pack .fb -padx 10 -pady 10 -fill both -expand yes for {set i 0} {$i < 20} {incr i} { .fb step after 500 } ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Sam Shen This code is based largely on his feedback.tcl code from tk inspect. The original feedback code is copyright 1995 Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory. AUTHOR
Kris Raney KEYWORDS
feedback, widget Tk iwidgets::feedback(1)