Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Connect to Windows server from Linux Post 302799343 by vbe on Friday 26th of April 2013 11:02:10 AM
Old 04-26-2013
automated shellscript meaning scheduled? use cron
fetch files: Look at smbclient man pages for correct syntax and usage

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to connect SFTP(Linux) from Windows DOS

I need to write a batch script for file transfer from SFTP to Windows system. SFTP is on Linux system. I kept this code in batch file and executing it.. but not working.. Even i tried from Command prompt like this "open sftp.host.com" but getting error. Can anyone help with the code and tell me how... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohantmk
15 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

To Connect to Windows server from Unix server

Hi i am writing a script in unix where after some validations, i require the script to connect to a windows server and then kich off a batch file there. i tried ftp and got the error message that "the remote host refused an attempted connect operation". I am able to connect to this unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidzz911
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect windows server

Hi All, I need to connect windows server by unix shell script then search the directory for some keyword in all files in that directory... Windows Server is \\wh01ad04 Please help me and thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Oracle in Windows XP from Linux HOST

Hi everyone, I have oracle 9i installed in Windows XP and i have ubuntu in VM WARE. I would like to know how to connect to Oracle in windows xp from Linux through shel scripting...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zimbu
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Trying to connect to Oracle on Windows server

Hi, I am a newbie to Linux and still trying to learn. Here is my situation. I have a windows server where I installed Oracle DB. On the same Windows server, I have a VM running linux. I can ping Windows server IP successfully from linux. I installed sqlplus on linux and trying to access... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rach0701
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Windows from Linux using NetCat

Hi Need help to connect from Ubuntu to Windows using NetCat nc I can not get my script to send new-line Her is what I have tried(sleep 2 ; echo user ; sleep 1; echo pass; sleep 2; echo netstat) | nc -t 10.10.10.34 23 gives this outputÿý%ÿûÿûÿý'ÿýÿýÿûWelcome to Microsoft Telnet Service ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jotne
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Graphically connect RHEL server from Windows 7 Professional

I want to connect RHEL server from my windows 7 Professional machine graphically. I logged into 1 RHEL server with IP, 10.101.17.80 using Putty from my Windows 7 professional machine. Now from this server, 10.101.17.80, I want to connect to another RHEL server 10.101.17.79. I used, ssh -X... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RHCE
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Xming Vs ssh connect to RHEL server from Windows machine

I am able to connect a RHEL server from my Windows machine using Putty (via ssh). My question is what is the advantage of using Xming instead of Putty? Is it that Xming would enable a graphical connect from the Windows machine to RHEL server? I hope my question is clear that what is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

10. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies
cron(1M)                                                  System Administration Commands                                                  cron(1M)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
cron starts a process that executes commands at specified dates and times. You can specify regularly scheduled commands to cron according to instructions found in crontab files in the directory /var/spool/cron/crontabs. Users can submit their own crontab file using the crontab(1) command. Commands which are to be executed only once can be submitted using the at(1) command. cron only examines crontab or at command files during its own process initialization phase and when the crontab or at command is run. This reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. As cron never exits, it should be executed only once. This is done routinely by way of the svc:/system/cron:default service. The file /etc/cron.d/FIFO file is used as a lock file to prevent the execution of more than one instance of cron. cron captures the output of the job's stdout and stderr streams, and, if it is not empty, mails the output to the user. If the job does not produce output, no mail is sent to the user. An exception is if the job is an at(1) job and the -m option was specified when the job was submitted. cron and at jobs are not executed if your account is locked. Jobs and processses execute. The shadow(4) file defines which accounts are not locked and will have their jobs and processes executed. Setting cron Jobs Across Timezones The timezone of the cron daemon sets the system-wide timezone for cron entries. This, in turn, is by set by default system-wide using /etc/default/init. If some form of daylight savings or summer/winter time is in effect, then jobs scheduled during the switchover period could be executed once, twice, or not at all. Setting cron Defaults To keep a log of all actions taken by cron, you must specify CRONLOG=YES in the /etc/default/cron file. If you specify CRONLOG=NO, no log- ging is done. Keeping the log is a user configurable option since cron usually creates huge log files. You can specify the PATH for user cron jobs by using PATH= in /etc/default/cron. You can set the PATH for root cron jobs using SUPATH= in /etc/default/cron. Carefully consider the security implications of setting PATH and SUPATH. Example /etc/default/cron file: CRONLOG=YES PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb: This example enables logging and sets the default PATH used by non-root jobs to /usr/bin:/usr/ucb:. Root jobs continue to use /usr/sbin:/usr/bin. The cron log file is periodically rotated by logadm(1M). FILES
/etc/cron.d Main cron directory /etc/cron.d/FIFO Lock file /etc/default/cron cron default settings file /var/cron/log cron history information /var/spool/cron Spool area /etc/cron.d/queuedefs Queue description file for at, batch, and cron /etc/logadm.conf Configuration file for logadm ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), at(1), crontab(1), sh(1), logadm(1M), svcadm(1M), queuedefs(4), shadow(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The cron service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/cron:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. DIAGNOSTICS
A history of all actions taken by cron is stored in /var/cron/log and possibly in /var/cron/olog. SunOS 5.10 5 Aug 2004 cron(1M)