Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paypal / iptables
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Paypal / iptables Post 302799029 by Corona688 on Thursday 25th of April 2013 04:04:51 PM
Old 04-25-2013
Yes, I think I understand now. You want to be able to cut off a customer from everything but paypal at will.

You have control your own local DNS server, yes? Override paypal's IP addresses locally. Force it to have one and only one IP per domain name. These IP's are unlikely to change any time soon. (There may be several sites involved, not everything on paypal necessarily happens on the same server.)

You cannot transparently proxy SSL connections, that'd be considered an attack.

Last edited by Corona688; 04-25-2013 at 05:11 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

donation paypal error

i'd like to donate but paypal is not functioning properly. after i login, the credit card default is always my old and i can't change it to the new one. i go to paypal, there's no option to delete previous credit card, i can add, but still when going to the first instruction, it's the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Curl to Access PayPal

can anyone please help me with this? i know paypal is a secure site, so a code like the below would be needed. but that's where i get stuck. curl -s -K https://www.paypal.com I need to be able to curl to paypal and download a list of latest purchases. i know there HAS to be a way to do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies
RESOLV.CONF(5)							File Formats Manual						    RESOLV.CONF(5)

NAME
resolv.conf - Domain Name System resolver configuration SYNOPSIS
/etc/resolv.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/resolv.conf is used to configure how the host will use the Domain Name System to resolve hostnames to IP addresses. It may con- tain these two lines: nameserver IP-address domain domain-name The nameserver entry tells the IP address of the host to use for DNS queries. If it is set to 127.0.0.1 (which is the default) then the local name daemon is used that may use the /etc/hosts database to translate host names. You normally only need a nameserver entry if the name server is at the other side of a router. The default nonamed name server can't look beyond the local network. The domain entry tells the default domain to use for unqualified hostnames. This entry is usually not given in which case the domain of the local host is used. The long version of this story can be found in resolver(5). FILES
/etc/resolv.conf DNS resolver configuration file. SEE ALSO
resolver(5), hosts(5), nonamed(8), boot(8). AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) RESOLV.CONF(5)