Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paypal / iptables
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Paypal / iptables Post 302799029 by Corona688 on Thursday 25th of April 2013 04:04:51 PM
Old 04-25-2013
Yes, I think I understand now. You want to be able to cut off a customer from everything but paypal at will.

You have control your own local DNS server, yes? Override paypal's IP addresses locally. Force it to have one and only one IP per domain name. These IP's are unlikely to change any time soon. (There may be several sites involved, not everything on paypal necessarily happens on the same server.)

You cannot transparently proxy SSL connections, that'd be considered an attack.

Last edited by Corona688; 04-25-2013 at 05:11 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

donation paypal error

i'd like to donate but paypal is not functioning properly. after i login, the credit card default is always my old and i can't change it to the new one. i go to paypal, there's no option to delete previous credit card, i can add, but still when going to the first instruction, it's the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Curl to Access PayPal

can anyone please help me with this? i know paypal is a secure site, so a code like the below would be needed. but that's where i get stuck. curl -s -K https://www.paypal.com I need to be able to curl to paypal and download a list of latest purchases. i know there HAS to be a way to do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies
iptables-apply(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 iptables-apply(8)

NAME
iptables-apply - a safer way to update iptables remotely SYNOPSIS
iptables-apply [-hV] [-t timeout] ruleset-file DESCRIPTION
iptables-apply will try to apply a new ruleset (as output by iptables-save/read by iptables-restore) to iptables, then prompt the user whether the changes are okay. If the new ruleset cut the existing connection, the user will not be able to answer affirmatively. In this case, the script rolls back to the previous ruleset after the timeout expired. The timeout can be set with -t. When called as ip6tables-apply, the script will use ip6tables-save/-restore instead. OPTIONS
-t seconds, --timeout seconds Sets the timeout after which the script will roll back to the previous ruleset. -h, --help Display usage information. -V, --version Display version information. SEE ALSO
iptables-restore(8), iptables-save(8), iptables(8). LEGALESE
iptables-apply is copyright by Martin F. Krafft. This manual page was written by Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net> Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. 2006-06-04 iptables-apply(8)