Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paypal / iptables
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Paypal / iptables Post 302799029 by Corona688 on Thursday 25th of April 2013 04:04:51 PM
Old 04-25-2013
Yes, I think I understand now. You want to be able to cut off a customer from everything but paypal at will.

You have control your own local DNS server, yes? Override paypal's IP addresses locally. Force it to have one and only one IP per domain name. These IP's are unlikely to change any time soon. (There may be several sites involved, not everything on paypal necessarily happens on the same server.)

You cannot transparently proxy SSL connections, that'd be considered an attack.

Last edited by Corona688; 04-25-2013 at 05:11 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

donation paypal error

i'd like to donate but paypal is not functioning properly. after i login, the credit card default is always my old and i can't change it to the new one. i go to paypal, there's no option to delete previous credit card, i can add, but still when going to the first instruction, it's the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Curl to Access PayPal

can anyone please help me with this? i know paypal is a secure site, so a code like the below would be needed. but that's where i get stuck. curl -s -K https://www.paypal.com I need to be able to curl to paypal and download a list of latest purchases. i know there HAS to be a way to do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies
PROXYTUNNEL(1)						      General Commands Manual						    PROXYTUNNEL(1)

NAME
proxytunnel - program to tunnel a connection throught an standard HTTPS proxy. SYNOPSIS
proxytunnel [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the proxytunnel command. proxytunnel is a program that open a tunnel through a HTTPS proxy. OPTIONS
This program follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). -h, --help Print help and exit. -V, --version Print the version of the program and exit. -i, --inetd Run from inetd. Default is off. -a PORT, --standalone=PORT Run as standalone daemon on specified port. -p host:port, --proxy=host:port The local HTTPS proxy host:port combo to connect to. -r host:port, --remproxy=host:port The second-level (remote) proxy host:port to connect to when using two proxies. -d host:port, --dest=host:port The destination host:port to built the tunnel to. -e, --encrypt Encrypt the data between the local proxy and the destination using SSL. -E, --encrypt-proxy Encrypt the data between the client and the local proxy using SSL. -B, --buggy-encrypt-proxy Encrypt the data between the client and the local proxy using SSL, but stop using SSL immediately after the CONNECT exchange to workaround server bugs. (Might not work on all setups; see /usr/share/doc/proxytunnel/README.Debian.gz for more details.) -X, --encrypt-remproxy Encrypt the data between the local proxy and the second-level proxy using SSL. -F STRING, --passfile=STRING The file containing Username & Password to send to HTTPS proxy for authentification. This file uses the same format as .wgetrc, and so can use the credentials in common with wget. This option can be used to at least hide the password from anyone clever enough to use the `ps' command. -P user:pass, --proxyauth=user:pass The credentials to use for local HTTP(S) proxy authentication. -R user:pass, --remproxyauth=user:pass The credentials to use for remote HTTP(S) proxy authentication. -N, --ntlm Use NTLM-based authentication. -t DOMAIN, --domain=DOMAIN The NTLM domain to use, default is to autodetect. -H STRING, --header=STRING Additional HTTP headers to send to the proxy. -x STRING, --proctitle=STRING Use a different process title. -v, --verbose Turn on verbosity. Default is off. -q, --quiet Suppress messages. Default is off. NOTES
To use this program with OpenSSH to connect to a host somewhere, create a $HOME/.ssh/config file with the following content: Host foobar ProtocolKeepAlives 30 ProxyCommand /usr/bin/proxytunnel -p proxy.customer.com:8080 -P user:password -d mybox.athome.nl:443 If your proxy doesn't require the username and password for using it, you can skip these options. If you want to run proxytunnel from inetd add the '--inetd' option. Most HTTPS proxies do not allow access to ports other than 443 (HTTPS) and 563 (SNEWS), so some hacking is necessary to start the SSH dae- mon on the required port. (On the server side add an extra Port statement in the sshd_config file) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Loic Le Guyader <loic.leguyader@laposte.net> and updated by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). August 30, 2009 PROXYTUNNEL(1)