Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Shell scripting/working with a file Post 302797109 by hanson44 on Sunday 21st of April 2013 11:48:08 PM
Old 04-22-2013
Code:
if [ -d /var/home/stud3/myname/bkup ]; then
	mkdir /var/home/stud3/myname/bkup

Are you sure about the logic here?
Take another look, say out loud what's supposed to happen.
Hint: it ain't correct. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file activity (open/closed) file descriptor info using KORN shell scripting

I am trying to find a way to check the current status of a file. Such as some cron job processes are dependent on the completion of others. if a file is currently being accessed / modified or simply open state I will wait until it is done being processed before attempting the next process on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Dunn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file permissions using shell scripting

Hi I am trying to use shell script to display file permissions, and I can do it fine for the current user logged in, but now I want to view all file permissions for the Owner of the file, Group users and everyone, so it will look something like this: -----------------READ WRITE EXECUTE OWNER... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: barbus
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create file from shell scripting

Hi, I want to create a file from a shell script. the data for the file will come from variables. that is the file format is like, var1-value var2_value ... that is, var1_value should be placed in first 10 spaces and var2_value should be placed in next 8 columns like that. is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file operations in shell scripting

hi All, my query... 1.I Have to search for the files in the root directory. 2.i have to search for a pattern in all the files in the root directory and then replace them with a new pattern. 3.Rename the file Explanation: if ABC is the root folder and has 3 subfolders and there are 15... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamahi
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting - need to arrange the columns from multiple file into a single file

Hi friends please help me on below, i have 5 files like below file1 is x 10 y 20 z 15 file2 is x 100 z 245 file3 is y 78 z 23 file4 is x 100 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for file manupilations

Hi linux users, I have a file with following format. { Name shiva; location Delhi; travelID IDNumber; } 4 ( (0.1 0.2 0.3) 1234 (1.1 1.2 1.3) 12345 (2.1 2.2 2.3) 12354 (3.1 3.2 3.3) 123667 )now i wanted to write this data in separate files as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset is not working in Linux korn shell scripting

Hi All, Kindly help on the below issue ASAP. Its very urgent. I have script in which we have below two lines for code and it is not working. Please help. files_to_process=" abc_*.log def_*.log ghi_*.log " typeset -A dir_list ${files_to_process} the script is failing in Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
3 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)