Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telephone book script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Telephone book script Post 302797053 by hanson44 on Sunday 21st of April 2013 08:40:26 PM
Old 04-21-2013
As you said, I think the teacher just wants something that works. You could ask the teacher if case is preferable, or is OK to use if / else.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telephone working in unix

sir, i came to know that telephone exchanges use unix for the working of telephones,that is when we take our hand set in telephone we can note a dial sound,for this telephone exchanges use unix. we are going to do project using unix,i want to know wheater we can able to connect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radheesh
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

all about telephone in unix

hai to all, that i came to know all telephone exchanges use unix.i want to know wheather we can connect telephones uaeing unix,if it possible means how&and also i need about more information about "telephones in unix" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radheesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Got connected with Modem but cannot dial Telephone no. to connect to host

Hello There, I configure my Modem as follow. Step1. # admintool & Then from Browse --> Serial Port i select tta port and Edit --> Modify From that i select Template : Modem:Dial Out Baud Rate: 9600 Ok Step 2 # tip /dev/cua/a connected (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sobell Book script

hey peeps has anyone done the "Enhance the spell_check script (Sobell page 646) to accept an optional third argument" script. I am fully having trouble getting it to work. if you have done the script and dont mind sharing with others, please help me out. thanks mila :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 30177005
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for converting a pdf to book format

Hello, excuse my English... I'm trying to do a nautilus-script to transform a normal A4 pdf to another pdf with book format, ready to be printed (double sided). I mean, the script put pages in order and also put 2 pages per horizontal A4 page (p.e.: a pdf with 8 pages would look like: 8-1, 2-7,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dokan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typo in sample script from book?

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I apologize in advance if I did something wrong here. I am pretty stumped here as I am still getting the error message, "./comc1.sh: test: argument expected." after executing the script itself. Here's the script file I modified: I tried executing line 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ConcealedKnight
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telephone Format and Check

How can I script to check telephone number entered by user in a uniz script: print -n "Enter telephone number to check ? " ; read telno How do I script to : 1) Check if entered without dashes or with dashes 2) If without dashes how can I check: if telno is only 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies
bist(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   bist(1)

NAME
bist - a chemical drawing tool. SYNOPSIS
bist [-c --convert-to | -f --input-file | -h --help | -v --version] DESCRIPTION
Bist stands for bidimensional structures (in italian it sounds like "beast" in english) and is a chemical drawing tool. It is focused on organic chemistry but may it may be useful also for chemists or teacher as well. Bist support many of the formalism used to describe molecoles structures like single bond, double bond, stereospecific bond, charges, resonance arrows, lone pairs etc... It can export both PostScript and PNG formats. Currently portability is not my goal so only GNU/Linux platform is supported. However any effort in this direction is appreciated so feel free to ask me about any porting question. Please remember that bist is actually in a beta stage of development so i strongly sug- gest you to not using it except for testing or hacking purpose. Bist is free software released under GNU GPL OPTIONS
-c --convert-to format Convert to "format" (currently PostScript, SVG, PNG); -f --input-file file File to convert (wildcard allowed but please escape it); -h --help Print usage information; -v --version Print information and exit. BUGS
Please send bug reporting to: cage@katamail.com SEE ALSO
AUTHORS
Bist is written by Valerio Benfante. The logo has been designed by Luisa Russo. We always need help (traslation, code improvement etc...) please write to cage@katamail.com to contribute to this project. COPYING
Copyright (C) 2005 Valerio Benfante. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PAR- TICULAR PURPOSE. The logo is copyright 2005 Luisa Russo and is released under GNU GPL 12/03/2003 bist(1)