Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telephone book script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Telephone book script Post 302797047 by Jagst3r21 on Sunday 21st of April 2013 08:37:33 PM
Old 04-21-2013
I have been trying to replicate this with a case statement because I am not sure which way he wants this. He has an example of creating a menu in our powerpoint slides, so he might want us to do it that way, but I cannot figure out how to add the commands properly. Would it be something like:

Code:
# Use of a case statement to offer a 5 item menu
echo “  Menu\n1. Add an entry \n2. Display all matches to a string\n3. Sort and display the file\n4. Delete all entries that match a string\n5. Quit to Unix\nEnter your option #: \c”
read choice
case “$choice” in
	1) add;;
	2) list;;
	3) find;;
	4) delete;;
	5) exit ;;
	*)	echo “Invalid option”   # ;; not needed for last option
esac

I am not sure how to add the commands properly like I did with the original solution, where I included the sub scripts like ./add.sh. Any ideas?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telephone working in unix

sir, i came to know that telephone exchanges use unix for the working of telephones,that is when we take our hand set in telephone we can note a dial sound,for this telephone exchanges use unix. we are going to do project using unix,i want to know wheater we can able to connect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radheesh
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

all about telephone in unix

hai to all, that i came to know all telephone exchanges use unix.i want to know wheather we can connect telephones uaeing unix,if it possible means how&and also i need about more information about "telephones in unix" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radheesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Got connected with Modem but cannot dial Telephone no. to connect to host

Hello There, I configure my Modem as follow. Step1. # admintool & Then from Browse --> Serial Port i select tta port and Edit --> Modify From that i select Template : Modem:Dial Out Baud Rate: 9600 Ok Step 2 # tip /dev/cua/a connected (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sobell Book script

hey peeps has anyone done the "Enhance the spell_check script (Sobell page 646) to accept an optional third argument" script. I am fully having trouble getting it to work. if you have done the script and dont mind sharing with others, please help me out. thanks mila :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 30177005
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for converting a pdf to book format

Hello, excuse my English... I'm trying to do a nautilus-script to transform a normal A4 pdf to another pdf with book format, ready to be printed (double sided). I mean, the script put pages in order and also put 2 pages per horizontal A4 page (p.e.: a pdf with 8 pages would look like: 8-1, 2-7,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dokan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typo in sample script from book?

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I apologize in advance if I did something wrong here. I am pretty stumped here as I am still getting the error message, "./comc1.sh: test: argument expected." after executing the script itself. Here's the script file I modified: I tried executing line 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ConcealedKnight
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telephone Format and Check

How can I script to check telephone number entered by user in a uniz script: print -n "Enter telephone number to check ? " ; read telno How do I script to : 1) Check if entered without dashes or with dashes 2) If without dashes how can I check: if telno is only 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies
tixMwm(n)						       Tix Built-In Commands							 tixMwm(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tixMwm - Communicate with the Motif(tm) window manager. SYNOPSIS
tixMwm option pathName ?args? COMMAND OPTIONS
tixMwm decoration pathName ?option? ?value ...? When no options are given, this command returns the values of all the decorations options for the toplevel window with the pathName. When only one option is given without specifying the value, the current value of that option is returned. When more than one "option value" pairs are passed to this command, the specified values will be assigned to the corresponding options. As a result, the appearance of the Motif decorations around the toplevel window will be changed. Possible options are: -border, -menu, -maximize, -minimize, -resizeh and -title. The value must be a Boolean value. The values returned by this command are undefined when the window is not managed by mwm. tixMwm ismwmrunning pathName This returns true if mwm is running on the screen where the specified window is located, false otherwise. tixMwm protocol pathName When no additional options are given, this command returns all protocols associated with this toplevel window. tixMwm protocol pathName activate protocol_name Activate the mwm protocol message in mwm's menu. tixMwm protocol pathName add protocol_name menu_message Add a new mwm protocol message for this toplevel window. The message is identified by the string name specified in protocol_name. A menu item will be added into mwm's menu as specified by menu_message. Once a new mwm protocol message is added to a toplevel, it can be catched by the TK wm protocol command. Here is an example: tixMwm protocol . add MY_PRINT_HELLO {"Print Hello" _H Ctrl<Key>H} wm protocol . MY_PRINT_HELLO {puts Hello} tixMwm protocol pathName deactivate protocol_name Deactivate the mwm protocol message in mwm's menu. tixMwm protocol pathName delete protocol_name Delete the mwm protocol message from mwm's menu. Please note that the window manager protocol handler associated with this protocol (by the wm protocol command) is not deleted automatically. You have to delete the protocol handle explicitly. E.g.: tixMwm protocol . delete MY_PRINT_HELLO wm protocol . MY_PRINT_HELLO {} BUGS
On some versions of Mwm, the -border will not disappear unless -resizeh is turned off. Also, the -title will not disappear unless all of -title, -menu, -maximize and -minimize are turned off. KEYWORDS
Tix(n) Tix 4.0 tixMwm(n)