Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telephone book script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Telephone book script Post 302797045 by hanson44 on Sunday 21st of April 2013 08:30:38 PM
Old 04-21-2013
I tried your master script. It seems to work fine, seems to accomplish what your teacher wants. I did notice (minor nit-picky) that the "echo -e" prints the -e instead of using it as a command option. I won't explain why it does that, according to the forum rules.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telephone working in unix

sir, i came to know that telephone exchanges use unix for the working of telephones,that is when we take our hand set in telephone we can note a dial sound,for this telephone exchanges use unix. we are going to do project using unix,i want to know wheater we can able to connect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radheesh
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

all about telephone in unix

hai to all, that i came to know all telephone exchanges use unix.i want to know wheather we can connect telephones uaeing unix,if it possible means how&and also i need about more information about "telephones in unix" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radheesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Got connected with Modem but cannot dial Telephone no. to connect to host

Hello There, I configure my Modem as follow. Step1. # admintool & Then from Browse --> Serial Port i select tta port and Edit --> Modify From that i select Template : Modem:Dial Out Baud Rate: 9600 Ok Step 2 # tip /dev/cua/a connected (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sobell Book script

hey peeps has anyone done the "Enhance the spell_check script (Sobell page 646) to accept an optional third argument" script. I am fully having trouble getting it to work. if you have done the script and dont mind sharing with others, please help me out. thanks mila :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 30177005
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for converting a pdf to book format

Hello, excuse my English... I'm trying to do a nautilus-script to transform a normal A4 pdf to another pdf with book format, ready to be printed (double sided). I mean, the script put pages in order and also put 2 pages per horizontal A4 page (p.e.: a pdf with 8 pages would look like: 8-1, 2-7,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dokan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typo in sample script from book?

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I apologize in advance if I did something wrong here. I am pretty stumped here as I am still getting the error message, "./comc1.sh: test: argument expected." after executing the script itself. Here's the script file I modified: I tried executing line 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ConcealedKnight
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telephone Format and Check

How can I script to check telephone number entered by user in a uniz script: print -n "Enter telephone number to check ? " ; read telno How do I script to : 1) Check if entered without dashes or with dashes 2) If without dashes how can I check: if telno is only 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies
DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)					      Debconf						  DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)

NAME
debconf-mergetemplate - merge together multiple debconf template files SYNOPSIS
debconf-mergetemplate [options] [templates.ll ...] templates DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated. You should switch to using po-debconf's po2debconf program. This program is useful if you have multiple debconf templates files which you want to merge together into one big file. All the specified files will be read in, merged, and output to standard output. This can be especially useful if you are dealing with translated template files. In this case, you might have your main template file, plus several other files provided by the translators. These files will have translated fields in them, and maybe the translators left in the english versions of the fields they translated, for their reference. So, you want to merge together all the translated templates files with your main templates file. Any fields that are unique to the translated files need to be added in to the correct templates, but any fields they have in common should be superseded by the fields in the main file (which might be more up-to-date). This program handles that case properly, just list each of the translated templates files, and then your main templates file last. OPTIONS
--outdated Merge in even outdated translations. The default is to drop them with a warning message. --drop-old-templates If a translation has an entire template that is not in the master file (and thus is probably an old template), drop that entire template. SEE ALSO
debconf-getlang(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)