Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to create unique look-up for headers for a Dictionary Post 302796177 by clx on Friday 19th of April 2013 03:22:17 AM
Old 04-19-2013
May be this?
Code:
echo HEADWORD=gloss1,gloss2,gloss3 | awk -F "[,=]" '{for (i=2;i<=NF;i++) {$i=$1"="$i;print $i}}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare unique ID's to Create and Delete Times

I have thousands of lines a day of data I would like to sort out. Every sessions has the 3 lines below. I want to figure out each sessions length from Creation to Deletion. Every one has a unique session ID logevent3:<190>Nov 20 08:41:06 000423df255c: 6|4096|RC|CAC: Created CAC session ID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpfoster7
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to create java based dictionary for mobile using data in microsoft excel?

i am having a ms excel file which contains 2 columns, I first column i added words, and in second column meaning to the word in the first column. I want to create a dictionary for mobile like nokia or any java based application running mobile. How it can be created as i, dont know the java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create unique tar archives from a list of directories

I'm looking to archive a client directory from a CIFS share There are multiple directories that will be stored in a text file and I'm looking to create an individual tar archive of each folder in the directory. I've tried a number of commands to no avail. Here's what I would like. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steelysteel
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to create a dictionary using cygwin

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a dictionary using cygwin. Display the following menu at the start of execution 1-add a word in the dictionary # specify the meaning 2-search a word # if word exists, show the meaning of the word 2-delete a word... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpopfreakghecky
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create shell script to extract unique information from one file to a new file.

Hi to all, I got this content/pattern from file http.log.20110808.gz mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close igchung@abc.com 2011/8/7 7:37:36 0:00:03 0 0 1 mail1 httpd: Account Information: login sastria9@abc.com proxy sid=gFp4DLm5HnU mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close sastria9@abc.com... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexes for three column data to create a dictionary

I am working on a multilingual dictionary and I have data in three columns. The data structure can be word=word=gloss or word word=word word=gloss gloss = acts as a delimiter The number of words separated by the delimiter can be up to 8 or 10. The structure is well defined in the sense... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to identify unique words in a dictionary database

Hello, I have a dictionary which I am building for the Open Source Community. The data structure is as under HEADWORD=PARTOFSPEECH=ENGLISH MEANING as shown in the example below अ=m=Prefix signifying negation. अँहँ=ind=Interjection expressing disapprobation. अं=int=An interjection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk xml dictionary script: could I get some input?

I completely understand if nobody wants to take a look at the ENTIRE code. What I am asking is that if anyone could browse quickly over the code and perhaps see if anything could be improved. You need not run the program, but you can if you want to. I have been using awk for about a week or so,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bedtime
2 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)