Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script dosent exits after executing the script Post 302795981 by vikatakavi on Thursday 18th of April 2013 04:36:54 PM
Old 04-18-2013
HI Corona688 thansk for the quick reply.

i made changes as above ,but still i had to do CTRL+C to return normal screeen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script exits with $? not 0 randomly, how can I see what command failed?

Hi! I have this situation with 3 shellscripts. One is a "startscript" that simply calls other scripts. This one is scheduled with cron to run at regular intervals. That script runs what I'll refer to as Script 1. Script 1 in turn runs script 2 (import_catalogs_buyer.sh) Sometimes, seemingly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trailsmoke
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script if the user dosent enter any data within 5 seconds

Hello friends, Kindly help me in developing a script that asks user to enter a value and will wait for 5 seconds for the feedback. If there is no answer from the user the script will perform exit or it will continue doing something else Ex: If yu have a multi OS system i believe while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing a shell script from windows;script present in unix

I need to execute a shell script kept in unix machine from windows. User id, password area available. For eg. There's a shell script wich moves all the logs kept in my home directory to a directory named LOGS. Now i need to get this done through windows; either using a batch file, or java... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exits from putty instead of shell script

Dear, I have written below code to initiate the log at top of my script. #Set the log file LOGFILE=<path>/<filename.log> exec > $LOGFILE 2>&1 ............... .... ... .. ............ echo -e "\n\n Script finished OK " `date "+%m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S" ` "\n\n" exit 0 the logging ends only... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imran_Chennai
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

'script' command exits immediately

I'm trying to capture the output of some commands with the 'script' utility. Normally, I would type 'script /path/to/output/file', then enter commands, then hit ctrl+D to end the 'script' capture. I'm having trouble with it on a server. Upon starting 'script', it exits immediately before I type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripts exits after executing ypmatch

Hello - I have a script which creates a NIS user on Solaris machine. Before creating the user I check if the user being created laready exists or not using ypmatch and use $? to get the exit code. If a user exists, I get 0, works fine. However when the user is not found, the shell scripts exits by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manju--
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh bash script exits without remote command completion

Hi, My goal is to connect from unix server A to windows server B and call a bat file on windows. I am able to succeed in remoting to windows and executing a command, the issue i am facing is the shell scrip is exiting without making sure of bat file success. Can you please help me in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxp018
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script exits when using UNIX2dos / dos2UNIX

I'm not sure why but my script quits automatically at the point where unix2dos / dos2unix command is used. :confused::confused::confused: How do a fix it? LOG_FILE=MADDY.txt unix2dos ${LOG_FILE} exec 2> $LOG_FILE 1>&2 echo ${LOG_FILE} The script exists after the below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to check if files exits

Hi In live system core files are generating frequently. around 10 core files in 30 mins in root file system. which is eating my space very much below is core file core.56539 core.78886 core.12302 core.80554 core.20147 I am trying to write a script which should move... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script to compare file all the files exits or not

Currently i am building a script like based on region parameter it will filter the records in config file and then it will create a text file like ab.txt and it will read the path location in that file and now i need to compare the files name in the config file to files in the path of the config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saranath
1 Replies
view(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   view(1)

Name
       view - displays a file using the vi commands

Syntax
       view [-t tag] [-r] [+command] [-l] [-wn] [-x] name...

Description
       The  command  displays a text file.  The command and the command run almost the same code except that in changes to a file are not allowed.
       It is possible to get to the command mode of from within both.

The following is a list of some of the commands. See the vi Beginner's Reference Card and the "Introduction to Display Editing with vi"	in
       the Supplementary Documents, Volume 1: General User for more details that can be helpful for using

Screen Control Commands

<CTRL/L>	   Reprints current screen.

<CTRL/Y>	   Exposes one more line at top of screen.

<CTRL/E>	   Exposes one more line at bottom of screen.

Paging Commands

<CTRL/F>	   Pages forward one screen.

<CTRL/B>	   Pages back one screen.

<CTRL/D>	   Pages down half screen.

<CTRL/U>	   Pages up half screen.

Cursor Positioning Commands

j		   Moves cursor down one line, same column.

k		   Moves cursor up one line, same column.

h		   Moves cursor back one character.

l		   Moves cursor forward one character.

<RETURN>	   Moves cursor to beginning of next line.

0		   Moves cursor to beginning of current line.

$		   Moves cursor to end of current line.

<SPACE>	   Moves cursor forward one character.

nG		   Moves cursor to beginning of line n.  Default is last line of file.

/pattern	   Moves cursor forward to next occurrence of pattern.

?pattern	   Moves cursor backward to next occurrence of pattern.

n		   Repeats last / or ? pattern search.

Exiting view

ZZ		   Exits

:q		   Quits session.

Options
       -t tag	 Specifies  a  list of tag files. The tag files are preceded by a backslash () and are separated by spaces. The tag option should
		 always be the first entry.

+command  Tells the editor to begin by executing the specified command.	An example would be +/pattern that would search for a pattern.

-l	 Sets the showmatch and lisp options for viewing LISP code..

-r	 Retrieves the last saved version of the name'd file in the event of a system crash. If no file is  specified,	a  list  of  saved
		 files is produced.

-wn	 Sets  the default window size to n.  This option is useful for starting in a small window on dialups.	The -x option is available
		 only if the Encryption layered product is installed.

-x	 Causes to prompt for a key.  The key is used to encrypt and decrypt the contents of the file.	If the	file  has  been  encrypted
		 with one key, you must use the same key to decrypt the file.

See Also
       edit(1), ex(1), vi(1)
       The Little Gray Book: An ULTRIX Primer
       The Big Gray Book: The Next Step with ULTRIX
       "An Introduction to Display Editing with vi" in the Supplementary Documents, Volume 1: General User

view(1)