Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem creating graph with gnuplot with time on x-axis Post 302794359 by verdepollo on Monday 15th of April 2013 06:02:50 PM
Old 04-15-2013
I am by no means a gpuplot expert but from the description of your original post, sounds like rrdtool might just be a tailor-made tool for what you're trying to achieve.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Adjust X & Y screen axis

I'm using my wife's Macbook, and I just noticed that her screen is off axis, but I can't find a way to adjust it. I've tried playing around with resolution in preferences, but nothing. Maybe a terminal command for adjusting the x and y values of the screen? Any and all suggestions welcomed :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andou
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sar Vs. gnuplot time format

Hi, I want to generate gnuplot graph from sar data. My problem is the time format. 1- Gnuplot doesn't support the sar format (01:00:59 AM/PM) 2- Sar doesn't provide a switch to choose the format. The only way to do it is by exporting LANG=fr_FR. Since I have other apps running and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: foxmtl
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNUPLOT problem

Hi, Im trying to plot a time series with gnuplot. this is my script set xdata time set yrange set timefmt "%H" set xrange set format x "%H:%M:%S" plot "time_vs_times.txt" using 1:2 title 'Interarrival time' with points lw 2 and this is my data 11:14:18 5 11:14:19 10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing X and Y axis of CSV data

Hello list, I have a source CSV data file as follows: PC_NAME,MS11-040,MS11-039,MS11-038,MS11-035 abc123,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable abc987,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable tnt999,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Applicable,Not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

5. Programming

Creating a line graph in jqplot

I have a piece of code here that should create a line graph consisting of two lines. It will not render the lines and neither the dates on the x-axis. The y-axis is apparently already scaled for the y-values, so the data interpretation went correctly for at least some of the data. Does anybody see... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

GnuPlot - 2d-graph --> depending from size, different color

Hi, i would like to change color depending from the valuerange. a gnuplot-script will generate a multiplot and in one graph, the ranges should have different colors, e.g. 100 ... 133 --> red 200 ... 233 --> blue 300 ... 333 --> orange 400 ... 433 --> green #Partikeldata - Partikel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IMPe
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnuplot flat line graph

Hi, I'm not able to find a solution because I cant find the exact keyword for this. I wanna make a graph like ive shown in the attachment. Could someone please share ideas on how to do this. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
3 Replies

8. Programming

Draw Bar Graph for GNUPLOT

For example, I have a file called data.txt. And the content is: Iker_Casillas 181 Raphael_Varane 182 Sergio_Ramos 182May I know how to write a script for gnuplot, so I can have a bar graph as the column 1 will be the x and column 2 will be the y? And I hope that the x value can be seen clearly.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot Time Data Question

I have a data file of the following format: servername,2013-05-11 17:46:03,SomeText,195,195,11,202 servername,2013-05-11 17:47:03,SomeText,192,192,23,103 servername,2013-05-11 17:48:03,SomeText,189,190,14,117 servername,2013-05-11 17:49:03,SomeText,196,195,24,231 ... ... I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeeryM
0 Replies
RRDDUMP(1)							      rrdtool								RRDDUMP(1)

NAME
rrddump - dump the contents of an RRD to XML format SYNOPSIS
rrdtool dump filename.rrd [filename.xml] [--header|-h {none,xsd,dtd}] [--no-header] [--daemon address] > filename.xml DESCRIPTION
The dump function writes the contents of an RRD in human readable (?) XML format to a file or to stdout. This format can be read by rrdrestore. Together they allow you to transfer your files from one computer architecture to another as well to manipulate the contents of an RRD file in a somewhat more convenient manner. filename.rrd The name of the RRD you want to dump. filename.xml The (optional) filename that you want to write the XML output to. If not specified, the XML will be printed to stdout. --header|-h {none,xsd,dtd} By default RRDtool will add a dtd header to the xml file. Here you can customize this to and xsd header or no header at all. --no-header A shortcut for --header=none. If you want to restore the dump with RRDtool 1.2 you should use the --no-header option since 1.2 can not deal with xml headers. --daemon address Address of the rrdcached daemon. If specified, a "flush" command is sent to the server before reading the RRD files. This allows rrdtool to return fresh data even if the daemon is configured to cache values for a long time. For a list of accepted formats, see the -l option in the rrdcached manual. rrdtool dump --daemon unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock /var/lib/rrd/foo.rrd EXAMPLES
To transfer an RRD between architectures, follow these steps: 1. On the same system where the RRD was created, use rrdtool dump to export the data to XML format. 2. Transfer the XML dump to the target system. 3. Run rrdtool restore to create a new RRD from the XML dump. See rrdrestore for details. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables may be used to change the behavior of "rrdtool dump": RRDCACHED_ADDRESS If this environment variable is set it will have the same effect as specifying the "--daemon" option on the command line. If both are present, the command line argument takes precedence. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 1.4.3 2009-10-14 RRDDUMP(1)