Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Useradd and passwd in HP-UX
Operating Systems HP-UX Useradd and passwd in HP-UX Post 302794163 by vbe on Monday 15th of April 2013 10:14:40 AM
Old 04-15-2013
I just tested:
Code:
ant:/home/vbe $ date
Mon Apr 15 16:12:22 METDST 2013
ant:/home/vbe $ grep psa /etc/shadow
psa:EazGfRgdWAIj2:15771::::::
ant:/home/vbe $ passwd -d psa
ant:/home/vbe $ grep psa /etc/shadow
psa::15810::::::
ant:/home/vbe $

Then tried to connect, it logs in without asking passwd...
But this is a HP-UX 11.11 pa-risc...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd

I work on some hp ux 11.00 Servers. i have to add an user. i use the useradd command like follows: useradd -u 72022 -g 71095 -c " comment " -d /PACKAGE_NAME/home/username -s /usr/bin/sh username The command returns with error 3. The manpage means value number 3: Invalid argument supplied to an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd

Hi. due to some needs i gave a user the premission to use useradd command with sudo. i want to know if there is a way to let him set the initial password, without giving him the premission to use passwd command as root (sudo). maybe a way to set a default password for all the new users that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

5. Solaris

useradd

if useradd command is deleted in solaris how do we add user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
3 Replies

6. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passwd - useradd issues

hi guys I'm having these problems with these commands and I have not idea why # passwd If 'passwd' is not a typo you can run the following command to lookup the package that contains the binary: command-not-found passwd -bash: passwd: command not found # useradd temp Warning:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
15 Replies

8. Solaris

useradd

I want to creat a 27 logins in solaris.Can anyone tell me how to write a script for that so that i create at a time for all 27 people. Thanks to guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

useradd w/o write permission on /etc/passwd

Hi root user creates a user using the useradd command. This command creates an entry in the /etc/passwd file. /etc/passwd file has rw permission for the root user. Now, if I happen to remove the w permission for the root user, useradd command still is successfully creating entry in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
3 Replies

10. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies
build.xml(5)							File Formats Manual						      build.xml(5)

NAME
build.xml - configuration file used by ant to build projects DESCRIPTION
The file build.xml is the default configuration file used by ant to determine target to build for a specific project. It can be considered the ant equivalent of Makefile.. The format of ant is XML and for each project a seperate file is constructed. The buildfile consists of one or more tasks. An example is given below. <project default="compile"> <target name="compile"> <javac srcdir="src"> </target> </project> This example has one target and it is defaulted. The target itself consists of one task javac which compiles the files in the src direc- tory. TARGETS
Targets can depend on other targets. These dependencies are given by the depends attribute of the <target> element. TASKS
A task is a piece of code that is executed. Ant recognizes built-in task, optional tasks, but one can also write new tasks. Built-in tasks The built-in tasks are: Ant, AntCall, AntStructure, Apply, Available, Chmod, Copy, Cvs, Delete, Deltree, Echo, Exec, ExecOn, Fail, Filter, FixCRLF, GenKey, Get, GUnzip, GZip, Jar, Java, Javac, Javadoc/Javadoc2, Mail, Mkdir, Move, Patch, Property, Replace, Rmic, SignJar, Sql, Style, Tar, Taskdef, Touch, TStamp, Unjar, Untar, Unwar, Unzip, Uptodate, War, Zip Java Executes a Java class within the running (Ant) VM or forks another VM if specified. Below are some of the attibutes to the <java> element: classname (required) the Java class to execute fork if enabled triggers the class execution in another VM (disabled by default) jvm the command used to invoke the Java Virtual Machine, default is java. The command is resolved by java.lang.Runtime.exec(). Ignored if fork is disabled. Other arguments are classpath, classpathref, maxmemory, failonerror, dir and output. Javac Compiles a source tree within the running (Ant) VM. srcdir (required) location of the java files destdir location to store the class files debug indicates whether source should be compiled with debug information; defaults to off optimize indicates whether source should be compiled with optimization; defaults to off target generate class files for specific VM version (e.g., 1.1 or 1.2). includes comma-separated list of patterns of files that must be included; all files are included when omitted excludes comma-separated list of patterns of files that must be excluded; no files (except default excludes) are excluded when omit- ted. defaultexcludes indicates whether default excludes should be used (yes | no); default excludes are used when omitted. Other arguments are includesfile, excludesfile, classpath, bootclasspath, classpathref, bootclasspathref, extdirs, encoding, depre- cation, verbose, includeAntRuntime, includeJavaRuntime and failonerror. Properties A project can have a set of properties, which consist of a name value combination. Within tasks they can be used by placing them between "${" and "}", as in "${builddir}/classes". Built-in Properties Ant provides access to all system properties as if they had been defined using a <property> task. For example, ${os.name} expands to the name of the operating system. basedir the absolute path of the project's basedir (as set with the basedir attribute of <project>). ant.file the absolute path of the buildfile. ant.project.name the name of the project that is currently executing; it is set in the name attribute of <project>. ant.java.version the JVM version Ant detected; currently it can hold the values "1.1", "1.2" and "1.3". Classpath The classpath can be set by using the <classpath> element: <classpath> <pathelement path="${classpath}"/> <pathelement location="lib/helper.jar"/> <fileset dir="lib"> <include name="**/*.jar"/> </fileset> </classpath> SEE ALSO
ant(1) AUTHOR
This manpage is made by Egon Willighagen <egonw@sci.kun.nl> and based on the Ant Manual <http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/>. Mac OS X September 22, 2004 build.xml(5)