Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Useradd and passwd in HP-UX
Operating Systems HP-UX Useradd and passwd in HP-UX Post 302793423 by vbe on Friday 12th of April 2013 10:44:11 AM
Old 04-12-2013
I think you would have to tell us more about your HPUX box: What OS version and how it is configured ( rusted? or using /etc/shadow ? etc...), how far it/they have been customized (users .profile... Custom /etc/profile etc...)
And how you connect: xterm dtterm etc... using X, or via VT ? ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd

I work on some hp ux 11.00 Servers. i have to add an user. i use the useradd command like follows: useradd -u 72022 -g 71095 -c " comment " -d /PACKAGE_NAME/home/username -s /usr/bin/sh username The command returns with error 3. The manpage means value number 3: Invalid argument supplied to an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd

Hi. due to some needs i gave a user the premission to use useradd command with sudo. i want to know if there is a way to let him set the initial password, without giving him the premission to use passwd command as root (sudo). maybe a way to set a default password for all the new users that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

5. Solaris

useradd

if useradd command is deleted in solaris how do we add user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
3 Replies

6. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passwd - useradd issues

hi guys I'm having these problems with these commands and I have not idea why # passwd If 'passwd' is not a typo you can run the following command to lookup the package that contains the binary: command-not-found passwd -bash: passwd: command not found # useradd temp Warning:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
15 Replies

8. Solaris

useradd

I want to creat a 27 logins in solaris.Can anyone tell me how to write a script for that so that i create at a time for all 27 people. Thanks to guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

useradd w/o write permission on /etc/passwd

Hi root user creates a user using the useradd command. This command creates an entry in the /etc/passwd file. /etc/passwd file has rw permission for the root user. Now, if I happen to remove the w permission for the root user, useradd command still is successfully creating entry in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
3 Replies

10. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies